broadcast sheet

Technical Question and Answer - On topic to 71-74 Plymouth B-bodies only.

Moderator: Site Administrators

landon1
GTX (RS)
My Cars: 1971 Plymouth Satellite Sebring

broadcast sheet

Post by landon1 » Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:52 pm

I was wondering if it's possible that the factory didn't put all of the options on the build sheet. I guess I could search my car to try and find another one. Found this one in the back of the rear seat. Right now, my car has painted racing mirrors. Don't know if that was factory or not. The broadcast sheet has nothing listed for mirrors. I had an idea a while ago, and now I'm really starting to believe that somebody must've had a RR or GTX that got wrecked or something, because my car has all the performance parts and accessories-sure grip, 440, 727 Slapstik, buckets, racing mirrors, etc. Still don't have ralley gauges though-someday... I'd almost like an air grabber, but can't afford to pay for a hood the price that I paid for my car!

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric » Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:51 pm

Unless you have original dealer paperwork, it is normally accepted that what is on the build sheet is what the car came with....the factory did make mistakes, but unless it's a survivor, I would assume the extra options were later add ons
AKA Butterscotch71....the road runner nest is out to win you over this year!Image

bruce
Site Admin

Post by bruce » Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:02 pm

Yep. Especially if the Sheet doesn't list anything for the mirrors. I think with nothing listed that would default you to the standard little chrome mirror on a stick...
Bruce Anliker

orangerunner
Satellite Sebring (RH)

Post by orangerunner » Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:38 pm

The factory did make mistakes fairly often especially if they were out of a certain part, they would use another as a substitute.

I owned a '71 Road Runner, number's match, unrestored that was completely Ralley Red in colour, yet the fender tag and build sheet listed the car as EL5 Bahama Yellow.
Mistakes did happen!

Dealerships would add options to help sell a car as well, especially in the early 1970's when sales were sluggish.

landon1
GTX (RS)
My Cars: 1971 Plymouth Satellite Sebring

Post by landon1 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:18 am

I assume the guy that owned it before my seller, or even before that, must have had a performance B, because all the stuff is there and it is put in right-no riggin' from what I can tell...I'm thinking a Charger, because it has the SE leather seats right now-I need to recover them 71style when I get to the interior. I don't know about the racing mirrors. My car has the toggle to adjust inside, but I guess that could've been added, too-just don't know.

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric » Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:51 pm

A lot can happen to a car in 35 years...
AKA Butterscotch71....the road runner nest is out to win you over this year!Image