72 plymouth satilite or clone Roadrunner

Technical Question and Answer - On topic to 71-74 Plymouth B-bodies only.

Moderator: Site Administrators

72plymouth
Satellite Coupe (RL)
My Cars: 72 plymouth (clone) Road Runner

72 plymouth satilite or clone Roadrunner

Post by 72plymouth » Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:29 pm

trying to figure out which is worth more ...... 72 plymouth satilite or a clone RoadRunner? Just trying to figure out for sure what i want...... this thing has roadrunner stuff all over it but vin says satilite plus! Is it better to keep original or go Roadrunner? need some help on this! :help:

mrsnicks
Satellite Sebring (RH)
My Cars: 1971 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus

Re: 72 plymouth satilite or clone Roadrunner

Post by mrsnicks » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:11 pm

It's going to depend on how much you spend on the RoadRunner parts. How true of a RR clone is it? A true RR grille is pricey. It's also going to depend on if someone wants a "clone".. I was actually glad I found a 71 SSP because most of the time they've already been turned into a GTX or a RR clone.

72plymouth
Satellite Coupe (RL)
My Cars: 72 plymouth (clone) Road Runner

Re: 72 plymouth satilite or clone Roadrunner

Post by 72plymouth » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:13 pm

Yep saw how much that grill was but I just might be able to make my own grill...... just not sure what I'm going to do with this car! Could get both parts and then sale it as a satilite! Its a cool car! Got to replace headliner and fix one spot on the rear seat...... front seats are great! Gotta get some seat belts and head rests! Its got alot of decals and the roadrunner glove box bird and strip package and roadrunner horn......

72plymouth