apologize as I will have questions for you guys

Technical Question and Answer - On topic to 71-74 Plymouth B-bodies only.

Moderator: Site Administrators

dangina
GTX (RS)
My Cars: 71 roadrunner

apologize as I will have questions for you guys

Post by dangina » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:48 am

I'm getting down to the wire and I'm finishing up the loose ends on my 71 runner, I bought this project as a rolling shell with a ton of boxes with almost nothing labeled, I will apologize now as I will have questions for you guys over the next couple of weeks as I finish this girl (finally). this is my first mopar build and its been quite the challenge. So here is the first couple questions I have:

1) What type of bulb is the map light? can you acquire these at any local napa or do you have to order them special order?

2) Where can I buy the impact bumpers that are mounted to the inner fender behind the front bumper?

3) Does a 73 runner or 73 charger front windshield trim fit a 71 runner? I have both at my disposal and they have nicer trim than what I got.
3a) if yes, what is the best way of pulling of the trim without denting or wrecking it? ie do you start with one of the corner pieces first? or the big cowel where the wipers sit on?
3b) whats the best way of installing said pieces?

4) I can't locate the rear trunk key lock in any of the boxes that are left, what are my best options?

5) I have the option of getting a full set of power window motors out of the 73 runner. The owner wants to keep the windows in place, but I can pull the wiring, motors ect. Can I use my non power window regulators for this purpose or do I need to pull those out as well?
5a) when it comes to wiring, does anyone have the diagram on where the wiring goes or how power windows are wired? I do not have this option shown in my manual.
5b) because I had wind up windows in my car, what do you guys do to plug the holes where the wind handles use to go or do you just put the power switches in the same spot?

I'll have more questions for you guys soon! thanks!
400 stroked to 470ci, 3:55 Eaton true trac, slightly upgraded suspension lol

BUILD THREAD!!!! http://www.protouringmopar.com/showthread.php?796-1971-Speedipus-Rex&highlight=speedipus

dangina
GTX (RS)

Re: apologize as I will have questions for you guys

Post by dangina » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:32 pm

any help would be greatly appreciated!

BUILD THREAD!!!! http://www.protouringmopar.com/showthread.php?796-1971-Speedipus-Rex&highlight=speedipus

redline337
Satellite Sebring (RH)
My Cars: 71 Satellite Sebring RH

Post by redline337 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:26 pm

Quick Google search and I found this...

https://books.google.com/books?id=0TOWA ... on&f=false

Not sure if that will help at all. It sounds like the regulators are different from what I read. If I remember correctly a car with a console had the window switches mounted there, but I could be wrong. The trunk lock can be purchased aftermarket, or if you have the keys to either of the cars that you said you have access to window trim on, I would assume they should swap. I hope this is at least some help.

dangina
GTX (RS)

Post by dangina » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:30 am

redline337 wrote:Quick Google search and I found this...

https://books.google.com/books?id=0TOWA ... on&f=false

Not sure if that will help at all. It sounds like the regulators are different from what I read. If I remember correctly a car with a console had the window switches mounted there, but I could be wrong. The trunk lock can be purchased aftermarket, or if you have the keys to either of the cars that you said you have access to window trim on, I would assume they should swap. I hope this is at least some help.
thanks! this is the best thing I have read so far on power window setups :) I dont have the keys to the cars mentioned, looks like aftermarket it is

gary
GTX (RS)
My Cars: '71 GTX Gold Leaf Met.440 A/T

Post by gary » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:57 am

I have one Bumper impact piece (Used) for sale. :beer:

71runnerm51
GTX (RS)

Post by 71runnerm51 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:50 am

power window wiring
Attachments
GRP-05-PG-77.jpg

dangina
GTX (RS)

Post by dangina » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:20 pm

71runnerm51 wrote:power window wiring
AWESOME!!! This is great! thanks for the help guys!
gary wrote:I have one Bumper impact piece (Used) for sale. :beer:
I have a line on a parts car I gotta check out this sunday, if its missing them, I'll be buying it :)

dangina
GTX (RS)

Post by dangina » Fri May 22, 2015 3:14 pm

I have no idea where these flat pieces go:

where do these pieces go? I labeled them 1-4 to make things easier. Pics would be a bonus!! (There is actually 4 pieces in this pic but it only shows 3, you can right click on pic and open it in a new tab to see the full pic)

72RoadRunnerGTX
GTX (RS)
My Cars: 1972 Road Runner/GTX
1972 Satellite Sebring
1972 Satellite Sebring(big block parts car)

Post by 72RoadRunnerGTX » Sun May 24, 2015 1:11 pm

1. Fuel tank filler neck support
2. Center front bumper to header panel bracket.
3. & 4. ’71-early ‘72 left rear wheel well fuel tank vapor separator/expansion tank mounting brackets, repos?
Regulators changed in ’73, fronts will interchange with ’71, rears won’t directly interchange. Can’t just remove the motors and mount them to the manual regulators, will need to swap out the regulators as well. On the front, the switches mount where the crank holes are, back of lower door panel is marked where the switch goes. In the rear, the switches go in the lower panel, again the location is indicated on the back of the lower panels. This will leave holes in the upper panel where the windows crank were, find a plug or original power window uppers without holes, good luck with that.
Yes, front windshield moldings will interchange.
Splash shields pictured are not used on ’71-72s, I think Jim may have missed the mark on that application listing.

dangina
GTX (RS)

Post by dangina » Mon May 25, 2015 6:44 am

Thanks for answering all of my questions! I thought the flat pieces didn't belong on the car. My car was a 71 and it did have the extra fuel emissions tank in the rear driver wheel well, although it was already taken off and in a box mixed in with a bunch of other parts. I also found a piece of trim that was in the boxes that dont belong on the car. Getting down to the final wire, putting the front end together and the headlight relay upgrade. I do notice im missing the grill assembly kit, but someone mentioned that in another post. Im also missing the seal that went along the edge of the windshield wiper holes, does anyone know what this seal was called? I gotta order one soon

71Satellite98661
GTX (RS)
My Cars: 71 Satellite
70 Challenger
07 300C SRT8
13 Ram C/V (Caravan) work-issued

Post by 71Satellite98661 » Mon May 25, 2015 7:42 am

If you need a hood to cowl seal let me know. I have both a new reproduction and a nice original one I'd sell or trade you.

dangina
GTX (RS)

Post by dangina » Mon May 25, 2015 6:23 pm

71Satellite98661 wrote:If you need a hood to cowl seal let me know. I have both a new reproduction and a nice original one I'd sell or trade you.
Pmd!!

its funny, year one lists the hood to cowl seal as the one that attaches to your hood and it seals the rad support. This is the one i need:

dangina
GTX (RS)

Post by dangina » Mon May 25, 2015 7:43 pm

a question about air grabber, I got the big rubber seal, but it came with nothing to attach it to the air grabber fiberglass lid. What is used to connect the two together? I circled the pic what I'm, talking about...