RR vs GTX tail light lenses

Technical Question and Answer - On topic to 71-74 Plymouth B-bodies only.

Moderator: Site Administrators

71gtx4404
Satellite Coupe (RL)

RR vs GTX tail light lenses

Post by 71gtx4404 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:54 pm

So if you where building a 71 GTX & had RR tail light lenses installed along with the GTX chrome bezels would you be able to detect the black painted trim around the RR lenses,I know if you really looked close you probably could tell, would you be able to pass oe gold judging I doubt it, just curious I'm not going in that direction but that's the case with the parts I have,I think that's the reason Chrysler didn't paint the black trim because your not going to see it any how. 8)

Eric
Site Admin

Re: RR vs GTX tail light lenses

Post by Eric » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:38 pm

Unless you're building a concourse correct car, I wouldn't be too concerned. I doubt all that many people even realize that the GTX lenses were different (missing the black paint) than non-bezel lenses.
AKA Butterscotch71....the road runner nest is out to win you over this year!Image

dangina
GTX (RS)
My Cars: 71 roadrunner

Re: RR vs GTX tail light lenses

Post by dangina » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:03 am

Eric wrote:Unless you're building a concourse correct car, I wouldn't be too concerned. I doubt all that many people even realize that the GTX lenses were different (missing the black paint) than non-bezel lenses.
i did not know this :)
400 stroked to 470ci, 3:55 Eaton true trac, slightly upgraded suspension lol

BUILD THREAD!!!! http://www.protouringmopar.com/showthread.php?796-1971-Speedipus-Rex&highlight=speedipus