AMD 71 Quarterpanels with and without "inner reinforcement"?

Technical Question and Answer - On topic to 71-74 Plymouth B-bodies only.

Moderator: Site Administrators

road chicken
GTX (RS)

AMD 71 Quarterpanels with and without "inner reinforcement"?

Post by road chicken » Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:03 am

HI all. I'm gathering the last parts for the body on the runner and one of those is a new full left side quarter from AMD. My question is what is the difference between the quarter panel with and without the "inner reinforcement"? My unit has been sectioned around the wheel well but no rust or damage to the rocker, wheel well, or trunk extensions. So what are these reinforcements to the qtr? I should mention, I see them in the AMD kit, but after looking in my car and pictures of cars with the quarters removed, I have no clue where they would go and what purpose they serve.

Thanks RC
4th generation B bodys- there is no substitute.
68 383, Street Demon 750, RPM top end,484/284/108 poo poo cam "-5 spd 4:10 SG, 4whl disk, Helwig Anti-Sway, Poly bushings,Firm Feel Box, HD Linkage, 1" t-bars, 7 leafs Springs

road chicken
GTX (RS)

Re: AMD 71 Quarterpanels with and without "inner reinforceme

Post by road chicken » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:26 pm

Ok, Got word back form AMD. The reinforcements are part of the structure that, ( if your car had serious rust) are usually needed to do the replacement properly.
4th generation B bodys- there is no substitute.
68 383, Street Demon 750, RPM top end,484/284/108 poo poo cam "-5 spd 4:10 SG, 4whl disk, Helwig Anti-Sway, Poly bushings,Firm Feel Box, HD Linkage, 1" t-bars, 7 leafs Springs