Interior color question?

Technical Question and Answer - On topic to 71-74 Plymouth B-bodies only.

Moderator: Site Administrators

moparmike69

Interior color question?

Post by moparmike69 » Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:57 am

I have been working with Legendary to figure out what color my interior should be. The fender tag has for the color codes the following, in this order, with what I have found out about the code in ( ):
TX9 (formal black exterior) TXP (black inst. panel, steering wheel, Headliner) P6XA (premium vyn. buckets, gunmetal and black in color)
TXP (black upper door panel color)

Now the car only only had the lower door panels in it and no other interior. They are black. I agree with Legendary that the seat s are the gunmetal. However they are saying the upper door panels and the lower door panel should be gunmetal. In all of the research I have done the 3 digit code (TXP) that follows the 4 digit seat code (P6XA) is the upper door panels color.

Since the code says black and the lower door panels are black, and original, I am thinking I should get black. They are saying we can do that but it won't be correct.

Can anyone help confirm my thinking on this or can you help me know whether I should listen to Ledgendary? Thanks. I really want to get this right since it is such a rare color option.

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric » Sun Jan 23, 2005 12:22 am

P6XA is charcoal and black. The seats should not just be charcoal. TX9 is the code for black upper door frame. With a premium charcoal and black interior, the upper door panels should be black with charcoal inserts. I've found throught experience that Legendary does not really know 71s ....they swore that 71 road runners should not have the upper door panels with the contrasting insert colors (stating that they were only available on satellites). Also, you'll find that there reproductions are good but not completely accurate.
AKA Butterscotch71....the road runner nest is out to win you over this year!Image