t-handle question?

Technical Question and Answer - On topic to 71-74 Plymouth B-bodies only.

Moderator: Site Administrators

Diriccatiticka
GTX (RS)
My Cars: 1972 Plymouth Roadrunner

Re: t-handle question?

Post by Diriccatiticka » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:48 pm

Well, it's already broken. Might as well try your luck and see if it fixes it. :D
'72 Road Runner
Currently Engineering New Setup! 8)

RS23U1E
Road Runner (RM)
My Cars: 71 GTX

Post by RS23U1E » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:49 pm

Well, it's already broken. Might as well try your luck and see if it fixes it.
:lol: If I had a dollar for every time that same thought went through my head during a repair!

In my case that is often be followed by me making an even bigger mess of it and a thought something like: "Since it is now way busted all to ^$#@%$@ - :mad: might as well upgrade it"!.. :D
1971 GTX 440 Gray Primer Air Grabber

Diriccatiticka
GTX (RS)
My Cars: 1972 Plymouth Roadrunner

Post by Diriccatiticka » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:24 pm

RS23U1E wrote:
Well, it's already broken. Might as well try your luck and see if it fixes it.
:lol: If I had a dollar for every time that same thought went through my head during a repair!

In my case that is often be followed by me making an even bigger mess of it and a thought something like: "Since it is now way busted all to ^$#@%$@ - :mad: might as well upgrade it"!.. :D
Yep, I have to admit to that as well. Very few of my hopeless repairs turn hopeful...Then yes, results in upgrades. :lol:
'72 Road Runner
Currently Engineering New Setup! 8)

++Sebring++
Road Runner (RM)
My Cars: 1972 Satellite Sebring Plus

Former Owner - RM21U3
RM21G4

Post by ++Sebring++ » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:40 pm

My original T-handle was not attached when i bought the car, it was in the console box in pieces, i put it back together , looked good felt good, seemed to actuate ok.
But then i pulled the top woodgrain plate off to better align the console over the shift mecahnism, and when re-assmenbled the darn T-handle spring button wouldn't work.

Anyhow, i bought a repro from Year-one. The chromed plastic piece that surrounds where the button goes in, fell off as soon as i took it out of the bag..... it wasn't formed correctly compared to the original, and wouldn't stay in place. So i sent it back to year one + got money back.

Fast foward to now, i couldn't fix the original, so i bought another T-handle from YearOne [ this time with a discount code $$] . The second one came in a box , and a bag. It seems to work fine and fit fine, granted the car has not left the driveway, so who knows if it'll hold up on the street ?

Auto-grip looks nicely made, but i practiced for driving test in uncles 72 Challenger with the T-handle, so i too chose to stay with the original style.

landon1
GTX (RS)
My Cars: 1971 Plymouth Satellite Sebring

Post by landon1 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:51 pm

don't know what all the problems are from...the only one i ever had was having the screw be too long, interfering with operation - a modified machine screw solved that