taillight bulb sockets

Technical Question and Answer - On topic to 71-74 Plymouth B-bodies only.

Moderator: Site Administrators

landon1
GTX (RS)
My Cars: 1971 Plymouth Satellite Sebring

taillight bulb sockets

Post by landon1 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:09 pm

i now this has been brought up before, but don't think there was a final solution to replacing the taillight sockets. mine aren't very good and i've been considering welding up the whole area and cutting in new led lights, but not sure i want to go all out like that. so, anyone found sockets that would fit and how to get the stock ones out? i've also considered filling the stock holes and drilling new ones in the rear of the housing so the bulbs face out instead of up.

71440 gtx
GTX (RS)
My Cars: 71 gtx 71 340 duster
Location: I am here, or is it there? GIF image (animated, 49 frames)

Re: taillight bulb sockets

Post by 71440 gtx » Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:27 pm

landon1 wrote:i now this has been brought up before, but don't think there was a final solution to replacing the taillight sockets. mine aren't very good and i've been considering welding up the whole area and cutting in new led lights, but not sure i want to go all out like that. so, anyone found sockets that would fit and how to get the stock ones out? i've also considered filling the stock holes and drilling new ones in the rear of the housing so the bulbs face out instead of up.
i have pair and they are mint if you need them

you can have for free :beer: :D
71 gtx 440 4speed air grabber blue on blue with white vinyl roofOption cassette player

Plymouth's gonna getcha!
There are 3 things that will live forever, cockroaches, Keith Richards, & slant 6

471Magnum
GTX (RS)

Post by 471Magnum » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:24 pm

Search around here. You might find what you need.

http://terminalsupplyco.com/Store/Defau ... Categories
-Jim
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ULTIMATE set of tools... I can fix it."

rr6pak
GTX (RS)
My Cars: 1971 Tor-Red RR

Post by rr6pak » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:47 pm

Landon, check this out. Seems like a decent fix for a broken socket or to convert them over to a LED.

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/sho ... PHPSESSID=