wheels and tires, 72 Satellite wagon?

Technical Question and Answer - On topic to 71-74 Plymouth B-bodies only.

Moderator: Site Administrators

racer-xerols

wheels and tires, 72 Satellite wagon?

Post by racer-xerols » Sun Dec 12, 2004 4:28 pm

I'm going to have to measure for sure, but thought I'd ask the list just in case anyone's stuffed 17s under a B-wagon before. The keyboard is inside, warm and dry, LOL!

Stock suspension and brakes under my wagon, looking to install a set of either Torq-Thrust IIs or the chrome Torq-Thrust Ds in 17" diameter. I'm going to use at least a 7" rim in front but I'm trying to figure out how wide I can go under the stock quarters in back. They're HUGE, but I haven't had the inclination to lay in the cold and wet just yet to measure BS and all.

Also, and this is a longshot - anyone have pics of a B wagon with these wheels on it? Trying to decide between the polished IIs and the chromed Ds for the car. Any input is appreciated - it's going to be repainted in factory F7 Sherwood Green (the original color) and has no side moldings or woodgrain on it. It started life as a "Custom" trim level so all the window surrounds are body color, not chrome. The only chrome on the body will be the top drip rail trim, the windshield lockstrip, the doorhandles and the bumpers. I shaved the rubstrip and wheelarch trim when I bought the car in '91 to fight rust and it seems to have worked so far. Do I go chrome just so there's some on the car? Or do I go with polished so you don't notice the lack of chrome anywhere else on the car? <shrug> Opinions, thoughts, or "wanna buy my wheels?" notes are welcome! TIA!!
joe