bucket seat interior question

Technical Question and Answer - On topic to 71-74 Plymouth B-bodies only.

Moderator: Site Administrators

Runner

bucket seat interior question

Post by Runner » Fri Nov 26, 2004 12:00 am

i just switched over my roadrunner to bucket seats, center console and slapstick. in the doner car ( a 72 satellite sebring plus that will get the roadrunners bench seat and column shift and will eventually end up being a driver for my wife) the drivers seat slightly rubbed the edge of the cosole. i recovered the seats with legendary covers and i think they turned out nice, however the drivers seat is very close to the console, and when you sit in the seat it slightly touchs the console. is the normal?. from the pics i see online it looks about the same. the passenger seat is also very close to the console.

RRUNR3

Post by RRUNR3 » Sat Dec 04, 2004 2:17 am

I would say that is correct, since mine are positioned the same in each my 1971 and 74 road runner. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v181/ ... onsole.jpg
There's a photo of my center console with buckets.

That's quite a nice set of muscle machines you have, very nice. So how is the converision going for you?

Runner

Post by Runner » Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:35 am

RRUNR3 wrote:I would say that is correct, since mine are positioned the same in each my 1971 and 74 road runner. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v181/ ... onsole.jpg
There's a photo of my center console with buckets.

That's quite a nice set of muscle machines you have, very nice. So how is the converision going for you?

thanks for pics and the compliments of our cars.

RRUNR3

Post by RRUNR3 » Sun Dec 05, 2004 10:38 am

You're welcome.

Dave
Site Admin
My Cars: 71 Plymouth Road Runner (Project Blue Bird)
71 Satellite Sebring Plus (383/2bbl/auto)

Post by Dave » Mon Dec 06, 2004 11:55 am

I took a quick look at my Sebring Plus over the weekend, and it's the same way (a factory buckets/console car).

The driver's seat touches the console even without someone sitting in it. ;)
Dave
Founder - The Road Runner Nest

71 Plymouth Road Runner (Project Blue Bird)
71 Satellite Sebring Plus (383/2bbl/auto)

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric » Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:10 pm

Same here, and that vinyl against plastic squeaks like you wouldn't believe!
AKA Butterscotch71....the road runner nest is out to win you over this year!Image