Electrical problems!

Technical Question and Answer - On topic to 71-74 Plymouth B-bodies only.

Moderator: Site Administrators

71_DEPUTY
Satellite Sebring (RH)

Post by 71_DEPUTY » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:19 pm

correct!!!

JosephGiannini
GTX (RS)
My Cars: 1972 roadrunner 340 4 barrel with 727

to remove rally cluster

Post by JosephGiannini » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:18 pm

you have to remove the steering column shackle and drop the wheel down unless you have the smaller tuff wheel. as well as there are several bent metal holders in the dash and along the sides you have to open these to release the wires.
I own a 340 850hp Dick landy industries spec engine god rest his soul.
A Mopar god Is dead.
1972 roadrunner.

72RoadRunnerGTX
GTX (RS)
My Cars: 1972 Road Runner/GTX
1972 Satellite Sebring
1972 Satellite Sebring(big block parts car)

Post by 72RoadRunnerGTX » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:31 pm

What? Access to the firewall bulkhead connector and the forward park lamp circuit described here so far is from the engine compartment. Should the bulkhead disconnect require service itself, it can be unscrewed from the firewall and lowered to the passenger compartment floor. Short of removing the entire dash as a complete unit, dropping the steering column should not be required to service any part of the dash wiring harness.

Capsule
GTX (RS)

Post by Capsule » Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:57 pm

Hi guys,

well it seems I have solved the problem!! Going thru the different parts of the wire harness I realized that the rear driving light is connected thru the front light harness too and I desided to check that too. When I got the car about 1½ ago, I changed the front side markers to turn indicators as the Danish law dictates turn indicators on the front fenders.

Doing that before investing in a wiring diagram resulted in perfectly working turn indicators and no tail lights!! Well, I'm definately no ace at electrical circuits and I was just confirmed in that today:-D
Well, now all the lights are working since I fixed the selfmade short in the marker lights! I'm now a happy old-car owner again:-)

Thanks for all your help and suggestions, I really appreciate this forum and its users!

Capsule
'71 Roadrunner Clone - 440 - 727 - Airgrabber - Curious yellow

71_DEPUTY
Satellite Sebring (RH)

Post by 71_DEPUTY » Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:44 pm

your welcome Capsule... thata what this place is for!