Could someone help me find a road runner? RM23-P2R-18133

Broadcast Sheets, Fender Tags, Window Stickers other factory documentation, numbers matching engines and transmissions that people are looking for.

Moderator: Site Administrators

drksd4848
Satellite Coupe (RL)
My Cars: rm23-p2r-181331

Could someone help me find a road runner? RM23-P2R-18133

Post by drksd4848 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:22 pm

Hello,

My first post in nearly 14 years!. Wondering is someone here could help track down my parents' 72 Road Runner. Once again, here's the vin:

RM23-P2R-181331

Here are the details:

My parents bought this car brand new at a Norwood, Massachusetts Chrysler-Plymouth dealership in November 71. The car was originally GY9 with a white canopy top. 400, auto, black bench seats, no stripes (my father didn't want to attract the attention of the police)

My father sold it in 1985. It was in pretty bad shape with rust in all the usual areas: inner quarter panels, outer quarter panels, hood hinges, rear bumper, etc. Last time I saw it was some time in the spring of '87. It was primer gray with no motor. Apparently, it was sold to someone in the Bronx who was putting it back together with a donor satellite. The guy who bought it from my dad had ripped out the original 400, cut holes in the dashboard to put in his aftermarket stereo/tape deck, smeared it with bondo, tossed out the bench seats. I could go on an on with the carnage, but it will make us all sick...

He was nice enough guy, however... just misguided.

I have the original bill of sale, a few pics and some receipts. I'll post them a little bit later. I would be in debt to anyone who could help me find it. I hold out hope that someone bought it and restored it to it's original form: GY9, canopy top, etc... Doubt it, though.