12/16/2003 - Passenger side done, floor started

Periodic project updates with pictures from the restoration of one of our feature cars.

Moderator: Site Administrators

Dave
Site Admin
My Cars: 71 Plymouth Road Runner (Project Blue Bird)
71 Satellite Sebring Plus (383/2bbl/auto)

12/16/2003 - Passenger side done, floor started

Post by Dave » Thu Dec 18, 2003 9:56 am

Made some good progress. The passenger quarter panel is done and in primer.

If you look closely in that pic, you'll see the k-frame and related parts tucked under the car. We pulled everything off the front, so we could clean up the "outside" of the engine box.

Work has started on the floor pan. Only part that rust had really attacked was the driver's front pan, so that has been cut out.

Since we are converting the car from bench to buckets and console, that requires a different 4spd tunnel piece. Here's the original one with the replacement one. Thanks to Bruce for cutting the replacement piece out of the "Blackened Challenger". ;) (if you want the story behind that, you'll have to email Bruce.)

Forgive the blurry pic there. For some reason the autofocus on the camera couldn't pic what it wanted to focus on, I guess.

I mentioned getting some parts while up at the wife's family, and here it is! ;)

Actually this is a factory power window wiring harness. Towards the top of the picture are the two leads to the doors, and the run between the two goes under the seats and console to connect the two sides. The plugs at the bottom of the image connect to the harness on each switch for the quarter windows. Not sure if I'll have everything ready as far as power windows when the car finally makes it's first show, but at least the harness will be in and ready.

Dave
Site Admin
My Cars: 71 Plymouth Road Runner (Project Blue Bird)
71 Satellite Sebring Plus (383/2bbl/auto)

Bump

Post by Dave » Wed Feb 04, 2004 12:19 am

Just a bumb to get this in the right order...