10/27/2003 - Not in the red anymore! Passenger side work...

Periodic project updates with pictures from the restoration of one of our feature cars.

Moderator: Site Administrators

Dave
Site Admin
My Cars: 71 Plymouth Road Runner (Project Blue Bird)
71 Satellite Sebring Plus (383/2bbl/auto)

10/27/2003 - Not in the red anymore! Passenger side work...

Post by Dave » Mon Oct 27, 2003 10:46 pm

It's really wierd to see my car in yellow. I've always known it was under the red, but to see it in person makes me realize I'm totally making the right decision painting it blue! :lol:

The only remaining big section of red on the car, and that's right about where the hole will be for the sunroof

After grinding for a bit on the passenger side, we get a feel for how bad the damage is over there. Really old accident damage (maybe the incident that resulted in it becoming red?). We knew it was there, but weren't sure how bad it really was. This picture really doesn't show it all that well, but I'll get some better shots next time I'm over there.

Not nearly as bad as the passenger side was hit, but enough that we are going to use one of my donor panels and patch in much better metal. Good news is that the rocker, door jam, inner struture and wheel house are all fine on this side.

Speaking of the passenger side, here are some progress pictures from the work over there.

Going to need to either find a patch panel for this, or make one. We are hoping on finding one.

While working on cleaning out all the old seam sealer in the trunk, we found that the passenger wheel house never met up correctly with the back edge of the trunk floor. See that hole there? It was packed full of sealer!

Dave
Site Admin
My Cars: 71 Plymouth Road Runner (Project Blue Bird)
71 Satellite Sebring Plus (383/2bbl/auto)

Bump

Post by Dave » Mon Dec 01, 2003 6:33 pm

Just a bumb to get this in the right order...