The bottom of the car is done (pic's of that coming soon, the ones I took just after it was done didn't come out well at all), and the last things to do were to back out everything behind the grille, black out the sunroof casette (I'll get a good picture of that later) and to paint the hood for the Air Grabber stripe. Here is the hood freshly painted.
Here is the last picture of her, Billy and myself at Billy's place. (You can see the blackout of the core support and headlight areas in this one too) In one way it doesn't seem possible that she's been there for 14months, and in other ways, it seems like she's been gone forever!
The 2 block trip from Billy's place to mine was uneventful, but wet. Just as we were starting to load it up at Billy's it started to sprinkle, and by the time we got it to my place, we had a pretty good rain shower going on. No big deal as far as she's concerned, but it sure sucked to have to unload it and everything in the rain.
Here she is, home after (as my wife put it) a long "hospital stay". Obviously we took these after she had been dried off.
In this one you can kind of see the blackout on the sunroof casette, but I'll get better pictures of that soon.
It's awsome to have her back home, but a little scary too. Now I have to see if I remember how it all goes back together! First thing I'm going to tackle is getting the sunroof assembled and working. Having done it once before, it shouldn't be too bad, and doing it first, I won't have anything in the way inside the car.
Periodic project updates with pictures from the restoration of one of our feature cars.
Moderator: Site Administrators
1 post • Page 1 of 1