9/7/2003 - Not for the faint at heart! Body work progress

Periodic project updates with pictures from the restoration of one of our feature cars.

Moderator: Site Administrators

Dave
Site Admin
My Cars: 71 Plymouth Road Runner (Project Blue Bird)
71 Satellite Sebring Plus (383/2bbl/auto)

9/7/2003 - Not for the faint at heart! Body work progress

Post by Dave » Mon Oct 06, 2003 11:11 pm

The last shot of the old quarter on the car.

Well, I knew the passenger quarter panel was going to have to come off, but I STILL wasn't prepared to see my car without it. :wink:

The rear trunk panel was simply easier to fix by cutting it out at the spot welds and replacing it with the good piece I had from the Bird Pile (thanks John and Bruce!)

Not sure how much of this rocker we are going to replace. It was damaged some in the accident too.

Trunk extension doesn't look too bad, and the finish panel between the backlight and the decklid opening is good.

The inner structure was modified during previous body work (did I say that nicely enough Jeff? :lol: ) so we are going to go ahead and use that from the new quarter as well. Almost looks like it could be a 4 door! :shock:

The old outer wheel house, wrinked and unuseable

The front half of the old quarter. We saved the back half as a patch panel for a possible future project. Mine or somebody elses.

From the inside. Ouch!

We took the rear trunk panel off too. Was simply easier to replace it with a good panel than fix the old one.