Well, I know not a lot of updates this past month, but there's just been a lot of non-photo worthy work going on, mostly waiting on stuff to come back from sandblasting.
The work is done, and the front pans and trans tunnel are in primer
Today we spent the time to hang and align the passenger door. This was the one we were a bit worried about because of the amount of work it took to push out the cowl area where the hindges mount. Part of fixing the accident damage on the passenger side. It took a while, but it's done! First time in a LONG time she's had 2 doors on her!
Ok, onto the sunroof install. All the holes are drilled in the lip to spot weld the casette to the roof. There are 37 holes across the 3 sides.
We used a good epoxy to glue the cross brace to the roof. The donor roof wasn't welded or glued at all, it was just held in place by the lip from the roof. Here's the epoxy going on. You can also see Billy and I signed the inside of the casette. It won't ever be able to be seen, unless someday somebody takes it back apart. But it was kinda like wet cement.
Here are a few progress pic's of Billy and I installing the casette, and claming it into place so the expoy can set up.
Here it is, in and clamped!
Here's Billy folding the back lip over the brace.
And the lip folded.
Next update I'll have pictures of all the spotwelds done (they are done, but ran out of room on the camera). We now have to work the rest of the casette braces in, and then attack the task of making the big door fit the small hole.
Periodic project updates with pictures from the restoration of one of our feature cars.
Moderator: Site Administrators
1 post • Page 1 of 1