How to order your new 1972 Road Runner or Satellite

Have something you think belongs in the Tech Archive? Post it here!

Moderator: Site Administrators

Alaskan_TA
Satellite Sebring (RH)

Post by Alaskan_TA » Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:14 pm

Whoever ordered your car new may have looked over the 109 page 1972 Plymouth ordering guide at the dealership. You can check it out for yourself now at this link;

http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/dea ... Info.shtml

It includes a general overview of what was "New for 1972" and includes the ordering and code information for 1972 Barracuda, Duster, Scamp, Valiant, Satellite, Fury and Imperial models. There is even a section on Taxis and police cars.

If you happen to have a copy of this same type of info for another model year, Plymouth or Dodge I would love to borrow it to scan for the site. :beer:

Thanks and enjoy!

Barry

EaglesCall
Road Runner (RM)

Post by EaglesCall » Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:24 am

Wow, now there is some nice information! It's interesting to see that neither of my SSP's (EV2 & TB3) came configured per the recommended color coordinations !!
I recently acquired the Plymouth Color & Trim Selector book for the 72's. It is complete with fabric samples for interior, vinyl tops and very large paint chips for the 72 exterior colors. This is one nice book that also gives some of the advance product information yours has.
There is information in here that I think would be of great interest to all of the '71 guys as well. This gives ratios that indicate what percentage of the model series had which options ordered. Example: 0.5% of Satellite/RR/GTX came with sunroofs, etc.. This information is probably in here to help guide the sales guys as to what was popular in the way of options for 1971. I think these numbers need to be taken with a bit of a sense of humor because I also notice that nothing comes up to 100% !
I might be persuaded to let you borrow this if you are interested in posting it out there for the rest of guys like you did for this project. :beer:

EaglesCall
'72 Satellite Sebring Plus
'99 Dodge Dakota SLT 4X4
'57 Nash Metropolitan (Hey - it's an adopted orphan!)

Alaskan_TA
Satellite Sebring (RH)

Post by Alaskan_TA » Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:45 am

Hey EaglesCall,
I would love to borrow what you have so I can scan it and make it available for everyone to use. :beer:

Send me an email, PM or call me at 907-225-2709 as you wish and we can work out the details.

Thanks!

Barry Washington