Kay Stevens 71 Satellite???

General Mopar Related Conversation

Moderator: Site Administrators

1971SSP
GTX (RS)

Kay Stevens 71 Satellite???

Post by 1971SSP » Mon Dec 15, 2003 3:25 am

8) I'm sure many of you have saw the 1971 Satellite Sebring Plus for sale, that was owned by actress Kay Stevens. I remember in 2000, when I was searching for my car, I came across the ad for the Satellite. I don't know if it was the current owner, or Kay, but the car was listed for $6500...that was in 2000. Since then, the car has been for sale.....but now there isn't a price....either this guy wants a small fortune, or its not as nice as it looks. Anyone know what the guy is currently asking???

The car is factory loaded....rare power windows, power sunroof, am/fm stereo with factory cassette option, and tuff wheel.
I know this car needs paint. It was a weird yellow with a white vinyl top & white rallye interior.

Brian
Brian
1971 Satellite Sebring Plus

Dave
Site Admin
My Cars: 71 Plymouth Road Runner (Project Blue Bird)
71 Satellite Sebring Plus (383/2bbl/auto)

Kay's Car

Post by Dave » Mon Dec 15, 2003 9:35 am

I know exactly which car you are talking about. It's currently for sale by a guy down in Florida. Think his name is Mike, if I remember correctly, and he's originally from the Boston area. Kinda funny to talk with him, knowing he's in FL, and hearing his Boston accent.

I talked with him about the car a while back, probably around 2002 or so. He had done some work to it, and wanted a bit more than I felt the car could really be worth all done - around 12,000 or so at that point. It has a neat story to go with it though. I'd very much like to own it, but I'd rather put the money into my Road Runner, and then save towards the one factory sunroof car I REALLY want... the only Hemi sunroof car. ;) That's my Holy Grail.

Anyway, back to the Satellite in question, here are some pic's and the description of the car from the guy's website.

This car belonged to Kay Stevens, (moviestar/actress) is equipped with a 318, ac, automatic slapstick, power windows, ps, pb, power sunroof, am/fm cassette recorder, six-way seat, very solid car, easy resto. Have many new parts. Hurry on this one. Will be starting resto soon. (build sheet included). Documentation of prior ownership. Purchased direct from Ms. Stevens.
Dave
Founder - The Road Runner Nest

71 Plymouth Road Runner (Project Blue Bird)
71 Satellite Sebring Plus (383/2bbl/auto)