Gas Prices

General Mopar Related Conversation

Moderator: Site Administrators

Josh

Gas Prices

Post by Josh » Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:19 am

Wow, watch out here pretty soon no one will be driving a hot rod, gas is 2.76$ a gallon in Colorado :mad: , what is it out there?

bruce
Site Admin

Post by bruce » Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:42 am

About the same here in NC. Filled my truck at $2.78/gal for regular and my Harley at $2.91/gal for premium.
Bruce Anliker

Josh

Post by Josh » Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:43 am

ya they say 4.00 by fall

road chicken
GTX (RS)

Post by road chicken » Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:03 pm

YUP it seems like universal rape around the board again. Well as long as we let them do that.

This was sent to me , and I figured I would pass it along. Seems like the most plauseable idea I have seen. Even oil companies are subject to supply and demand economics. Single one out and they will crack. The rest will follow .They don't care about you and I, They don't care about other oil companies in the cartel they care about $$. It's about time we started getting wise to just how much power we hold as consumers. If you don't think we do- think back to last Christmas- and the hub bub about Happy Holidays vs Merry Christmas. That Happy Holiday stance fell pretty quick when their pocketbooks took a hit. The same thing can happen here.

Feel free to copy and paste this for distribution. The letter starts below.

This was originally sent by a retired Coca Cola executive. It came from one of his engineer buddies who retired from Halliburton. It's worth your consideration.

Join the resistance!!!! I hear we are going to hit close to $4.00 a gallon by next summer and it might go higher!! Want gasoline prices to come down? We need to take some intelligent, united action. Phillip Hollsworth offered this good idea.

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy gas on a certain day" campaign that was going around last April or May! The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to "hurt" ourselves by refusing to buy gas. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them.

BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work. Please read on and join with us! By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $1.50 is super cheap. Me too! It is currently $2.79 for regular unleaded in my town. Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $1.50 - $1.75 , we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the
marketplace..... not sellers. With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas! And, we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. How? Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas. But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a price war.

Here's the idea:

For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL. If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Exxon and Mobil gas buyers. It's really simple to do! Now, don't wimp out at this point.... keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people.

I am sending this note to 30 people. If each of us sends it to at least ten more (30 x 10 =3D 300) ... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 =3D 3,000)...and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth group of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION < /FONT>consumers. If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it..... THREE
>>>>HUNDRED MILLION >>>>PEOPLE!!!

Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all. (If you don't understand how we can reach 300 million and all you have to do is send this to 10 people.... Well, let's face it, you just aren't a mathematician. But I am, so trust me on this one.)

How long would all that take? If each of us sends this e-mail out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!!

I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you?

Acting together we can make a difference. If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on. I suggest that we not buy from EXXON/MOBIL UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $1.30 RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN.

THIS CAN REALLY WORK
4th generation B bodys- there is no substitute.
68 383, Street Demon 750, RPM top end,484/284/108 poo poo cam "-5 spd 4:10 SG, 4whl disk, Helwig Anti-Sway, Poly bushings,Firm Feel Box, HD Linkage, 1" t-bars, 7 leafs Springs

bruce
Site Admin

Post by bruce » Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:36 pm

I'm riding my Harley as much as I can. Sure feels good, not JUST cuz I love it, but getting 50 mpg ain't bad either. I've never done business with either Mobil or Exxon, but I don't think they've missed me.
Bruce Anliker

road chicken
GTX (RS)

Post by road chicken » Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:06 pm

I don't do busines with them either anymore , but since they are posting record profits- someone sure is.
The part the thet REALLY gets me in all this is just how much crude is availible. There are huge untapped fieldsin the Gulf of Arabia, and just off the Falkland islands. With new developments in drilling technology they can tap into reserves they couldn't get to before. Some of these add up to 35-40% of the production of the well.
This whole price issue hinges on one thing- consumer ignorance. The supply shortages have nothing to do with crude supply- it has every thing to do with refinery production capacity. The Oil Companies have reduced refinery capacity by some 40% over the last 15 years.- They did this witht he sole purpose of driving the prices up- this 3-4$ a gallon is only the start of things. You could see it wind up like Germany where it's 14-16$ per gallon.
4th generation B bodys- there is no substitute.
68 383, Street Demon 750, RPM top end,484/284/108 poo poo cam "-5 spd 4:10 SG, 4whl disk, Helwig Anti-Sway, Poly bushings,Firm Feel Box, HD Linkage, 1" t-bars, 7 leafs Springs

1bluegtx
GTX (RS)

Post by 1bluegtx » Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:34 pm

I have to run Cam2 racing gas in my car at 4.99 a gallon.But interesring is it has been this price for the last three years with no raise?

BRIAN
Its not numbers matching
It doesn't run on pump gas
And it doesn't purr like a kitten
11.73 at 115mph

landon1
GTX (RS)
My Cars: 1971 Plymouth Satellite Sebring

Post by landon1 » Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:52 pm

I usually buy gas from small stores or Casey's (Dad works for them).What's the point of buying Mobil or Exxon? I used to pass them on the one block further tracel to cheaper gas. Sometimes they'd be 5 or more cents a gallon more expensive. I think one problem is that, for example, when we were in Cali, all there was was Exxon and Mobil staions. I don't see too many around the mid-west. Prices are usually cheaper around here, becuase of ethanol production. However, another factor is that they started exporting teh ethanol from Iowa to California and New York for "cleaner air." I don't know if it makes that big of a difference (only 10-15% is ethanol). Anyway, I think there is one ethanol production plant in Iowa. There are I think a few scheduled to be built, but until they are, the price of ethanol is just as much as regular, because now it's not just IA, it's the coasts, too. Supposedly after they are built, ethanol will decrease in price by quite a bit. When I started driving, ethanol was 10-15 cents cheaper than regular-now it's maybe 5 cents cheaper, and sometimes it's the same.
I thnk another BIG problem is the uh uh uhm US GOV'T. You gotta know Bush and several others are still getting profits from oil, or at least pay-offs from the companies, so they won't look into the major price gouging that's going on. When they brought in the Exxon-Mobil guys for an "investigation" they didn't even swear them in-they didn't have to tell the truth, not that they would anyway. There is no reason why anybody should be profiting(what was it-$40,000,000,000 in three months!) that much-that means you have to lower your prices. Do computers still cost around $5000? No, because when more people started using them, they could make the same, if not more profit by lowering the price and making them available to more people. Same thing with gas. It's not about a storm holding up production, or that we're running out-it's greed. The people who already have 5 houses with pools, Hummers for their daughters that can barely drive, etc.-It's becasue of them. The excuses they use are ridiculous. Eventually, they will say a middle east guy sneezed, so gas prices must go up.
Another thing that shocked me-most of the oil we import supposedly comes from Canada-anybody know how much gas is up there? If it's lower, I'd consider moving -- cheaper gas and FREE health insurance is definitely worth it, except I really hate cold.
I really really HATE those rich ---------------------------(you can put in whatever you like there)

bandman

Post by bandman » Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:09 pm

Actually some places in Canada are much more expensive than in the US.

I heard that much of our problem is speculation on oil prices (stock market). I saw on 20/20 that as much as 30% of our price is due to idiots investing in stocks hoping prices will go up. Therefore our prices go up and down quickly not because of Katrina but because of stock fears. I don't really get it, but I know I don't like it.

Gas this morning in central WI was 2.84 a gallon, and that is with ethanol added.

Dennis

71_DEPUTY
Satellite Sebring (RH)

Post by 71_DEPUTY » Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:37 pm

89 up here is 104.9 a gallon= $ 4.77 gallon Canadian or about $ 4.19 us gallon!!!!

eeeeeeek!!!

rradar71
GTX (RS)

Re: Gas Prices

Post by rradar71 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:36 pm

Interesting. Here we are again with high prices at the pump. What makes it worse is the junk they are putting in the fuel. I have watched my gas mileage in my truck closely for years. I have noticed that while towing, using 10% ethanol, my mileage drops by about 10%. I wondered what kind of gas was used to test new vehicle mileage ratings, since most of the gas around the country has ethanol. I read several articles on testing methods and none of them mentioned what gas was used. I wrote the EPA and asked them. I was told that the gasoline used was regular unleaded with no ethanol. The gentleman stated that the mileage should only drop about 3-4% with 10% ethanol. I hate to see what 15% will do in my 2004 truck.
I can get non-ethanol gas at a local marina, at marina prices, for my Plymouth.

moparmike
GTX (RS)

Post by moparmike » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:26 am

Gas in $4.77 a gallon in Canada and is going up up up but this is my question and should be everyones question to their local government official.

Last year in Canada the high gas prices where blamed on the price of oil at the time.......then the price of oil went down a lot but the price of gas stayed the same....then the price of gas shot up further and the gas companies said it was because of the LOW Canadian dollar at the time 91 cents.....then the Canadian dollar got really strong and has shot up from 91 cents to $1.04 YET the price of gas did not come down in fact it has climbed to an all time high....Now the gas companies say that the reason that the price is high has nothing to do with our dollar or the price of oil now it is the situation in Lybia...They speculate that there could be a shortae due to the middle east situations so I guess that gives them a reason to raise prices.

I hope your president or Our Prime Minister does not get a pimple or a cold sore as this might give the gas companies another reason to raise prices due to facial disfigurement of a major political icon LOL :haha:

Pay attention to the Gas companies when they explain their reasoning for price increases .....it is almost comical. One thing for sure high priced gas is not going to stop me from firing up the 440 and going for a spin..... :beer:
Attachments
imagesCAZRY1QR.jpg
imagesCAZRY1QR.jpg (8.41 KiB) Viewed 12918 times
Sometimes I get to feeling that if Xmas, Fathers Day and my Birthday did not exist, then aftershave too would not exist.

Miel
Road Runner (RM)

Post by Miel » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:40 pm

nice prices, you wanne know how much we pay here back in holland.

we pay €6,32 a gallon thats $9,67 a gallon :shock: I'm glad my RR isn't driving at the moment.

Hopefully the electronic cars will get there uprise so the gasoline will get worthless :D

moparmike
GTX (RS)

Post by moparmike » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:31 am

There is a sign at the Gas station near my house that says "We take VISA-Mastercard and American Express so when I pulled in and filled up My SSP's tank......They took my VISA,MASTERCARD and AMERICAN EXPRESS

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

You know the government takes 40% of your earnings.....the other 60% goes to the gas companies

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Have a laugh and Happy Easter to all
Attachments
road.jpg
road.jpg (12.7 KiB) Viewed 12872 times
Sometimes I get to feeling that if Xmas, Fathers Day and my Birthday did not exist, then aftershave too would not exist.

ILUV72RRs
GTX (RS)
My Cars: 1972 340 Road Runner, 1972 400 Road Runner

Post by ILUV72RRs » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:20 pm

I can remember the very first gas crissis back in '73 or '74.. I was going to sell my '72 Road Runner when gas got to seventyfive cents per gallon. I'd give anything to have gas at seventyfive cents per gallon now! :lol: