Sunroof stuff

General Mopar Related Conversation

Moderator: Site Administrators

road chicken
GTX (RS)

Sunroof stuff

Post by road chicken » Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:22 pm

Sorry Ive been away for awhile, ( seems crawling out of the grave takes precedent over my road runner.. but not by much :D )
Anywho, now that I have beat back the Grim Reaper and took his Scythe, I have found a couple of things that might be of interest to some of you and can finally get to working on long delayed projects.

1. Sunroof switches. Hit up Jimmy Boros at jimmyboros@airgrabber.com or 763-229-6888, He has a stash of them. little pricey but he has them.

2. I have found my copies of the factory power sunroof manual, ( although I'm missing 2 pages at the moment). Would it be best to file them here as a JPG or PDF files?

3. I am starting to make a mold for the front pad on the sunroof headliner from my original part. I'm just checking to see how many of these are worth making. I'm not really into profit but they will be priced to cover time and materials and 12 pack of St. Pauli Girl. This is a ways out yet but checking interest. It seems some had one piece and others had three ( one front and two along the sides. ( the side pieces seem to just be 1/8-1/4 inch piece of foam so I won't be doing those as they can be replaced fairly easy with modern materials. For the front piece I'm debating using the original foam or a modern counterpart with the same texture but better wear and durability characteristics. Chime in with your preferences. Nothing is set in stone and I could probably do both since the mold doesn't care.
4th generation B bodys- there is no substitute.
68 383, Street Demon 750, RPM top end,484/284/108 poo poo cam "-5 spd 4:10 SG, 4whl disk, Helwig Anti-Sway, Poly bushings,Firm Feel Box, HD Linkage, 1" t-bars, 7 leafs Springs

sdweatherman
Site Admin
My Cars: 1971 GY8 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus
1971 GB7 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus factory Sunroof
1972 EV2 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus factory Sunroof
1974 KB5 Plymouth Road Runner GTX Dealer Announcement car

Re: Sunroof stuff

Post by sdweatherman » Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:42 pm

Road Chicken,
Good to hear from you again! I am interested in seeing what your power sunroof manual looks like - I wonder if it is any different than the manual I have posted on my Mopar Sunroof Registry website. I am sure that we could post it here also under one of the forum sections. I am guessing that there will be only a few that will be interested in the front pad, but Kudos for taking that on. I will be contact you with some more info on that subject.
Scott.
1971 GY8 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus
1971 GB7 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus w/factory Sunroof
1972 EV2 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus w/factory Sunroof