My first project, a 72 Satellite Sebring

General Mopar Related Conversation

Moderator: Site Administrators

Chabusey
Satellite Coupe (RL)
My Cars: 1972 satellite

My first project, a 72 Satellite Sebring

Post by Chabusey » Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:53 pm

So, this is my first project car. My 1972 Plymouth Satellite Sebring, my absolute dream car. The only posts I have put on here a while back was asking about parts, I never posted my car. when I was in high school 2019, I watched a movie called Bumblebee, I wasn't really into cars at the time last year. When I saw the movie, I saw the most beautiful car I have ever seen. a red 72 Plymouth Satellite, the wrap around bumper and the curves caught my eye. simply gorgeous. I did not know what the car was, so I asked my father what it was and he told me it was a 71-72 Satellite/Roadrunner/GTX. So, I ended up do research on these cars and found the differences between the 71 and 72. I immediately loved the 72 because of the trapezoid taillights over the 71, and I love the Satellite more than the Roadrunner and GTX. However, I was not going to discriminate the options it had, the years of 71/72, or if it was a Satellite/Roadrunner/GTX. I would appreciate what ever I could get. After I graduated high school, my brother took me to his local junkyard. I was walking down a pathway, I immediately noticed a baby blue car with the front clip missing, but had the fenders. The first thing that screamed in my head is that this is the car from the movie Bumblebee! I pictured the front and saw the rest of the car.
Image Image Image Image
So around September 2019, I started paying for the car but I did not get her until March 1st, 2020. After I got finished paying for her, it would rain almost every week. The car is all the way in the way in the woods in mud prone areas, so it was hard to pull the car out. Image Image
So, the car had been delivered to my brother's place. I got her cleaned up and bought the missing parts to put on there to make her look better to move her to the new house I live in. I have got two parts cars, a 73 charger and a 74 satellite for my 72 Satellite to help fix the car. As of now, I have got my car to my house July 13th, 2020. I started stripping the car apart and getting ready to do body work to her. I am excited to continue the story with my car, and it would be awesome to meet the previous owners while driving the car!

sdweatherman
Site Admin
My Cars: 1971 GY8 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus
1971 GB7 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus factory Sunroof
1972 EV2 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus factory Sunroof
1974 KB5 Plymouth Road Runner GTX Dealer Announcement car

Re: My first project, a 72 Satellite Sebring

Post by sdweatherman » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:19 pm

The car is looking good so far! Good luck with the resto/refurbish. I hope you have a lot of patience - because it is a long process!
Scott.
1971 GY8 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus
1971 GB7 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus w/factory Sunroof
1972 EV2 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus w/factory Sunroof

71Beeper
GTX (RS)
My Cars: 1971 Satellite

Post by 71Beeper » Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:31 pm

Scott is absolutely right.
I've had mine 10 years and just brought it home from the paint shop (see my thread).
Do alot of the work yourself and you will save some $$$.
If you farm everything out, then it will cost you more $$$.
Good luck and above all enjoy yourself as it is after all a hobby. :beer:

ralley72
GTX (RS)
My Cars: 1973 Road Runner 400 4 speed

Post by ralley72 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:57 pm

Good for you getting your first project car. Take your time and enjoy the process. Don't hesitate to ask tons of questions.

Mike