Finally back on the hunt, need some help!

General Mopar Related Conversation

Moderator: Site Administrators

Bird Flu
Satellite Coupe (RL)
My Cars: 1971 Plymouth Roadrunner

Finally back on the hunt, need some help!

Post by Bird Flu » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:07 pm

So I've been gone for awhile working, because that's what always happens. But now that things have settled down I'm ready to get back into fixing up my road runner.

To start off:

Never found a build sheet or fender tag, so I'm am not going to "restore" it to show room condition. So I'm going modern/retro with my rebuild. I'm going with LEDs all the way around and inside. I think this baby will kill it with the new halo head lights all the new challengers have. Cluster will be original but going to dump the old school am radio. But here's where things get odd...

I talked to the guy that was friends with the owner previous to me and he states that my road runner had bucket seats with no center console, and the three speed auto on the column. Does this sound right to any of you guys? At some point the P.O. did put in a four speed auto with the shifter in the console so it does have both now. Looks funky, but if Plymouth did make a version of the RR with bucket seats no console and column shift I haven't found it, so any help will be greatly appreciated.

And lastly for now what year and model seats will work with the 71. Where I am in California isn't a big mopar area but there are some and so even if they aren't "roadrunner" seats but fit I'd like to know what will fit. Or I'll just end up buying some new seats.

Thanks again for your help

1972RM23
GTX (RS)

Re: Finally back on the hunt, need some help!

Post by 1972RM23 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:53 pm

If you ordered the optional automatic trans with buckets but didn't order the optional console that's the way it would have been built.
Sort of unusual but not super rare.
You could have ordered the optional buddy seat (center seat with fold down arm rest) and it would have been built the same way.
71 and 72 Satellite, RR buckets are all the same.
http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/ima ... te0002.jpg
http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/ima ... te0002.jpg
1972 Road Runner N96 EV2

Faster-iz-Better
Satellite Coupe (RL)
My Cars: 1972 RR

Post by Faster-iz-Better » Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:59 pm

nice lookin car!

72PettybluRR
Satellite Coupe (RL)
My Cars: 72 Roadrunner 472 hemi, petty blue, 4speed, dana
73 Charger Rallye 440 6pk, red, ramcharger hood,

Post by 72PettybluRR » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:20 pm

A guy in Rockford, IL had a B5 72 GTX, 4 spd with no console. The plate was 72 Beep. I finally got a blu 72 RR
when I moved to CA. My CA tag is 72 Beep.