2015 Mopar Nationals

General Mopar Related Conversation

Moderator: Site Administrators

phatdak18
Road Runner (RM)
My Cars: 72 Plymouth Roadrunner

2015 Mopar Nationals

Post by phatdak18 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:08 pm

We're only a few weeks away from the GOLF CART (Mopar) Nationals....

Just wondering if anybody here will be attending?? I realize the Nats arent quite what they used to be, but they're too close to me NOT to go. I stay on Brice road and if anybody wants to meet up just let me know. Weather you bring your car or not, im always down for meeting my mopar brethren. LATERZ
MOPAR OR NO CAR!!!

1carcrazyguy
GTX (RS)

Re: 2015 Mopar Nationals

Post by 1carcrazyguy » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:59 pm

We are going for the first time this year. Not taking any of the cars but hope to find some parts for my 2 71 Satellites. We are staying on Brice Road but found out the main cruise area has now moved over to Heath?
1971 Satellite Sebring Plus - EV2 / V1W / P6XW Not very nice but it is still wearing original paint and hose clamps!! :)

moparite
GTX (RS)
My Cars: 1971 Road Runner 4speed FJ6 air grabber car. And yes i have the
build sheet to prove it. NO IT'S NOT FOR SALE!

Post by moparite » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:34 am

I attended the nats in 1990. Brice road was awesome!!! I also heard they moved the cruise. They're not going to move the late night "unofficial" burn out contests at the hotel parking lots. :D I will get back there again someday!

1carcrazyguy
GTX (RS)

Post by 1carcrazyguy » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:27 pm

Hopefully there are still enough people staying on Brice to make it fun!! :D
1971 Satellite Sebring Plus - EV2 / V1W / P6XW Not very nice but it is still wearing original paint and hose clamps!! :)

phatdak18
Road Runner (RM)

Post by phatdak18 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:34 am

I believe this will be my 8th year on Brice road, and in that realtivly short period of time ive seen a huge decline. People use to line the street and watch the cruise. Kids would throw out buckets of water at intersections for people to do burnouts right there on the street - AND the cops were right there allowing it to happen! The burnouts were the first to go, followed by the crusie and eventually the crowds. Last year was the worst to date, as construction had nearly all of Brice road tore up. The Hotel i stay at looked like a Mopar show in and of itself with so many fans choosing to stay there year after year. But last year?...I showed up thinking it was the wrong weekend! Because there wasent but a handful of my brothers there.

I strategically choose the hotel im at because once upon a time THAT was the place to be.
Now? not so much

Heath still has its cruise i beleive, but attendance out there is also down from previous years.

The NATS seem to be loosing their glory
MOPAR OR NO CAR!!!

1carcrazyguy
GTX (RS)

Post by 1carcrazyguy » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:56 am

Were you staying near I-70 and Brice?

moparite
GTX (RS)
My Cars: 1971 Road Runner 4speed FJ6 air grabber car. And yes i have the
build sheet to prove it. NO IT'S NOT FOR SALE!

Post by moparite » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:43 am

Don't know if any of you ever attended the mopars @ Englishtown but i have seen the same thing happen. It grew from a hand full of cars to a real event not to miss. At one point there was a line of Daytona's and superbirds in excess of 15-20. Now you are lucky to see two. It was also moved from it's original date to the first week in June witch killed attendance. It got moved again to the end of August. Not what it once was. I seen the opposite happen to Chryslers @ Carlisle. The first few events the spectators could park on the fairgrounds! It grew to what it is today with no shortage in attendance.

http://www.etownraceway.com/schedule/mopar.aspx

72plymouth
Satellite Coupe (RL)
My Cars: 72 plymouth (clone) Road Runner

Post by 72plymouth » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:26 pm

Hope to attend the Mopar Nationals...... never been.. I'm coming from Rome Georgia ... how do I get their from Rome? Any help would be super nice! :)

phatdak18
Road Runner (RM)

Post by phatdak18 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:20 pm

@1carcrazyguy yes. i stay at the Days Inn on Brice just north of !-70

@72plymouth im not exactly sure, but i would just use google maps or mapquest for directions.
MOPAR OR NO CAR!!!