72 RoadRunner HEMI

General Mopar Related Conversation

Moderator: Site Administrators

rgwinn
Satellite Coupe (RL)

72 RoadRunner HEMI

Post by rgwinn » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:08 pm

So, here is my quandry, my Father In-Law purchased this at Auction in Reno (2008). He paid too much for it.

He now wants to try and sell off some of his cars as his health is declining and he has asked me to help.

I do not have a lot of details, about number of miles on the motor/trans, and who/when the mods were done.

I believe from my research this was a Canada RR w/400 4bbl

Here is the VIN: RM23P2R3I4391

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-QK3G ... no/064.JPG

Looking for thoughts on value of a)the motor, and b) the car as a Tribute? (or clone?)

Thanks!

Rod

Magnes
Satellite Sebring Plus (RP)
My Cars: 1972 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus - Rallye Red
1972 Plymouth Satellite Sebring - Green - Parts Car
1971 Plymouth Satellite Sebring - Tan

Re: 72 RoadRunner HEMI

Post by Magnes » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:29 pm

Having not seen anymore of it than I have here. Not knowing any more about it than what you said here.

You can ask whatever you want for it. All it takes is the ONE right buyer to make a sell so I'd say to just ask what you want for the car and take offers. Nothing wrong with that.

Personally, I'd say the car is worth what an average 72 Road Runner is worth in that condition ($20K-30K) and the HEMI adds value to that, of course, so tag on another 10 grand... So IMO, I'd say it's worth about $30K-$40K. I don't think you'd have to sit on it for a year or more to get it sold in that range.

rgwinn
Satellite Coupe (RL)

Post by rgwinn » Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:17 am

Magnes wrote:Having not seen anymore of it than I have here. Not knowing any more about it than what you said here.

You can ask whatever you want for it. All it takes is the ONE right buyer to make a sell so I'd say to just ask what you want for the car and take offers. Nothing wrong with that.

Personally, I'd say the car is worth what an average 72 Road Runner is worth in that condition ($20K-30K) and the HEMI adds value to that, of course, so tag on another 10 grand... So IMO, I'd say it's worth about $30K-$40K. I don't think you'd have to sit on it for a year or more to get it sold in that range.
It does have nice bucket seats, and the Pistol Grip 4-speed Manual.

Thanks, that is about the ballpark I was thinking. I am working on getting it cleaned up, and I am going to take it to a local MOPAR Show and Shine on July 27th, figure there may be some interest there.

rg

moparite
GTX (RS)
My Cars: 1971 Road Runner 4speed FJ6 air grabber car. And yes i have the
build sheet to prove it. NO IT'S NOT FOR SALE!

Post by moparite » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:11 am

I would get a air cleaner and base plate for the air grabber. Looks unfinished as is. If it where mine i would put the dual quads on it. Then again if it where mine i wouldn't sell it. :D

paladin2511
Satellite Coupe (RL)
My Cars: 1972 roadrunner 440 ci

Post by paladin2511 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:50 am

I agree with moparite.. very nice car . Adding the correct intake combo and cleaner will only help the value. And don't be in such a hurry to sell something you will never see again...Just about everyone here has that car they wish they hadn't sold. Don't be that guy. If you need a little help with rationalization.... market is low right now for those beauties hang on to it and drive it till the market goes back up.. Once you drive it for a while you will never let it go.

72PettybluRR
Satellite Coupe (RL)
My Cars: 72 Roadrunner 472 hemi, petty blue, 4speed, dana
73 Charger Rallye 440 6pk, red, ramcharger hood,

Post by 72PettybluRR » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:05 am

Fabulous car! I also have a 72 Roadrunner. I put a 472 hemi in it since the original 400 was long gone. My car is a petty blue 4 spd with an airgrabber. Its almost completed, just the rewiring of the dash and engine compartment. Can't wait to drive it. I'll post some pics when its finished.

moparite
GTX (RS)
My Cars: 1971 Road Runner 4speed FJ6 air grabber car. And yes i have the
build sheet to prove it. NO IT'S NOT FOR SALE!

Post by moparite » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:30 pm

Hope you upgraded the rear with that combo.