Parts for sale

General Mopar Related Conversation

Moderator: Site Administrators

rr6pak
GTX (RS)
My Cars: 1971 Tor-Red RR

Parts for sale

Post by rr6pak » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:34 pm

Just FYI. There are many parts for sale over on Moparts under user name 71rm23 if anyone is in need.

71Satellite98661
GTX (RS)
My Cars: 71 Satellite
70 Challenger
07 300C SRT8
13 Ram C/V (Caravan) work-issued

Re: Parts for sale

Post by 71Satellite98661 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:22 pm

The guy only accepts PayPal friends/family gift payments. Not a good sign.

rr6pak
GTX (RS)

Post by rr6pak » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:40 am

71Satellite98661 wrote:The guy only accepts PayPal friends/family gift payments. Not a good sign.

No he don't. "Not a good sign"? As long as the money is green

72bluNblu
Road Runner (RM)
My Cars: 1971 383 SSP

Post by 72bluNblu » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:13 am

I won't send PP payments as a "gift" anymore if I'm purchasing something. I'll include the 3% Paypal fee if that's what the seller wants because using Paypal is still a convenience for me, but will not send any money as "friends/family" for the purchase of an item. It leaves you with no recourse or protection as a buyer if the seller fails to deliver.

There have been several scammers recently on other forums, particularly on For A-Bodies Only. While it has been primarily one guy that has operated under several aliases now, he's taken advantage of probably close to a dozen members now by not sending parts after receiving payments. He has even gone as far as to complete a few legitimate sales for small, inexpensive items to develop a feedback rating for a new screen name before scamming members on larger expensive items. If you send payment via Paypal as friends/family, you have no recourse through Paypal to file a claim. You still have legal options, but your chances of recovering your money drop substantially.

Let me make clear- I don't know the seller in this case, and I'm sure that's probably NOT what's going on here. I'm not trying to point fingers or imply that the seller in this thread is anything other than above board.

However, I just thought I'd add a word of caution because there are a few people out there now using Mopar forums in particular to swindle folks out of money for parts.
'71 SSP GA4
'71 DartGT EL5 (#65 in the GT registry)
'71 DartGT GK6 ( #69 in the GT registry)
'74 Duster/71 demon tribute- primary driver
'72 Challenger-secondary driver

rr6pak
GTX (RS)

Post by rr6pak » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:50 am

72bluNblu wrote:I won't send PP payments as a "gift" anymore if I'm purchasing something. I'll include the 3% Paypal fee if that's what the seller wants because using Paypal is still a convenience for me, but will not send any money as "friends/family" for the purchase of an item. It leaves you with no recourse or protection as a buyer if the seller fails to deliver.

There have been several scammers recently on other forums, particularly on For A-Bodies Only. While it has been primarily one guy that has operated under several aliases now, he's taken advantage of probably close to a dozen members now by not sending parts after receiving payments. He has even gone as far as to complete a few legitimate sales for small, inexpensive items to develop a feedback rating for a new screen name before scamming members on larger expensive items. If you send payment via Paypal as friends/family, you have no recourse through Paypal to file a claim. You still have legal options, but your chances of recovering your money drop substantially.

Let me make clear- I don't know the seller in this case, and I'm sure that's probably NOT what's going on here. I'm not trying to point fingers or imply that the seller in this thread is anything other than above board.

However, I just thought I'd add a word of caution because there are a few people out there now using Mopar forums in particular to swindle folks out of money for parts.

And that's fine 72bluNblu. He will take Paypal with the 3% as well. I have bought a few things from this person with no worries. That's all I'm saying

71rm23
Satellite Sebring (RH)

Post by 71rm23 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:40 pm

Alright, time for me to clear some things up.

The person on Moparts is NOT me!! I am the ORIGINAL 71rm23. Been known as that YEARS before "rr6pak" decided to use this name over there. I have been getting a few e-mails questioning my parts over there, the supposedly difficulty with payment, and why I didn't list them here.

I do not post on Moparts. I do sell parts--mostly 71 b-bodies and especially Sunroof stuff. I do this thru contacts on this site and mostly by word-of-mouth. I don't know rr6pak, however, I want to clarify this as this is my reputation. A successful reputation I have maintained for many years. I am NOT questioning rr6pak's reputation. I am sure it is fine, but a few lines up there were questions raised, and coupled with the questions raised to me by e-mails, I figured I needed to clarify this!

rr6pak
GTX (RS)

Post by rr6pak » Sat May 02, 2015 6:42 am

71rm23 wrote:Alright, time for me to clear some things up.

The person on Moparts is NOT me!! I am the ORIGINAL 71rm23. Been known as that YEARS before "rr6pak" decided to use this name over there. I have been getting a few e-mails questioning my parts over there, the supposedly difficulty with payment, and why I didn't list them here.

I do not post on Moparts. I do sell parts--mostly 71 b-bodies and especially Sunroof stuff. I do this thru contacts on this site and mostly by word-of-mouth. I don't know rr6pak, however, I want to clarify this as this is my reputation. A successful reputation I have maintained for many years. I am NOT questioning rr6pak's reputation. I am sure it is fine, but a few lines up there were questions raised, and coupled with the questions raised to me by e-mails, I figured I needed to clarify this!

Your point is noted, and respected. I think its weird/ironic that one user name is used on one forum and the same name can be used by someone else on another

daniel_depetro
Satellite Coupe (RL)
My Cars: 1972 Plymouth Road Runner 400 4-soeed

Post by daniel_depetro » Sun May 31, 2015 7:28 am

Who would actually think that a seller would not take a payment from a buyer if they included the 3-4% fee added into their payment instead of sending it as a gift to friends/family.
Use some common sense people.