List of Mickey Mouse ghetto-fied fix-its!

General Mopar Related Conversation

Moderator: Site Administrators

patrick
GTX (RS)
My Cars: 1973 Road Runner 440/4 speed

List of Mickey Mouse ghetto-fied fix-its!

Post by patrick » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:53 pm

Wanted to keep a running list of "ghetto-fied" stuff I came across while restoring my Road Runner... What's yours?

I'll start with a few:

The taillight housing is loose? Oh, that's cool, let's not bother finding the correct screw from any local hardware store, let's drill a NEW hole through a random part of the plastic housing and straight into the body to snug it down! :mad:

Random oil pan bolts, each one a different length.

Missing and/or mismatched lug nuts.
100% Death Proof

moparite
GTX (RS)
My Cars: 1971 Road Runner 4speed FJ6 air grabber car. And yes i have the
build sheet to prove it. NO IT'S NOT FOR SALE!

Re: List of Mickey Mouse ghetto-fied fix-its!

Post by moparite » Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:45 pm

The taillight housing is loose? Oh, that's cool, let's not bother finding the correct screw from any local hardware store, let's drill a NEW hole through a random part of the plastic housing and straight into the body to snug it down! :mad:
Well they fixed the problem. No telling when this was done and what the circumstances where. Just one of the things you find along the way. Someone drilled a hole right through my fender tag to install something. The wiring is always the first thing to get "ghettoized". Wire nuts and butt connectors are common. Tied wires warped in something other than electrical tape. The list goes on... Can we see a pic of the tail light ghetto fix?

phatdak18
Road Runner (RM)
My Cars: 72 Plymouth Roadrunner

Re: List of Mickey Mouse ghetto-fied fix-its!

Post by phatdak18 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:33 pm

HAHAHA dont even get me started! my whole car was "ghetto-fied" when i bought it.

incorrect screws are a given, cant tell you how many sheet metals screws ive had to pull out of machined screw threads. Or how bout those extra holes that were added to my front grille so the entire grille assembly could be zip tied to the bumper? Oh and lets not forget the "repaired floor pan" which turned out to be what appeared like roofing flashing that was riveted down in only a few spots....um yeah i could go on and on and on....but you already know haha
MOPAR OR NO CAR!!!