71-74 B-Body Photoshop Template

General Mopar Related Conversation

Moderator: Site Administrators

tuffbird72
Satellite Coupe (RL)
My Cars: 1972 Plymouth Road runner

71-74 B-Body Photoshop Template

Post by tuffbird72 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:21 am

Hello all, it's been a very long time since I've been active. For the few that remember, I have a 72 RR originally Basin Street Blue that was an original 400 car. Well, I still have it and am actively in the middle of getting the small rust spots fixed...and thinking about a repaint.

Back when I was buying wheels and tires, Discount Tire had an interactive program at one point where you could upload your own car if you used their specific scheme to build a template vehicle. I did just that and figured out the wheels I wanted and stuffed it away.

Just recently I started digging around on some of my old hard drives and found it buried in a zip file. The interactive site no longer lets you upload your own car but I figured out another use for it...working out paint schemes and decals...and for those with a little creative work, you can even grab wheels, resize them and see what they would look like on the car. This isn't perfect by any stretch but it was created in paintshop pro using a digital pad and I think represents the body style fairly well.

I thought I would share this template vehicle with ya'll in the hopes some find it useful to look at paint schemes, color changes, etc for the 71-74 body style we love.

Feel free to change it up to suit your needs. I've made different hoods, wings and marker lights I use for "what-if" scenarios.

Thanks again blu...didn't realize the image wasn't here until I checked it just now.
Last edited by tuffbird72 on Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

72bluNblu
Road Runner (RM)
My Cars: 1971 383 SSP

Re: 71-74 B-Body Photoshop Template

Post by 72bluNblu » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:41 pm

Doesn't look like anything posted up.

Try using Photobucket or a similar picture hosting server to get it posted. I assume its a big file, so the attachment method may not work.
'71 SSP GA4
'71 DartGT EL5 (#65 in the GT registry)
'71 DartGT GK6 ( #69 in the GT registry)
'74 Duster/71 demon tribute- primary driver
'72 Challenger-secondary driver