Stoked to say the least

General Mopar Related Conversation

Moderator: Site Administrators

rr6pak
GTX (RS)
My Cars: 1971 Tor-Red RR

Stoked to say the least

Post by rr6pak » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:39 pm

I'm so stoked. My engine builder contacted me to tell me my motor is done for my 71. He said it dynoed at 585HP at 610 ft/lbs of torque. The motor also maintained a smooth idle at 950. Waiting on my custom valve cover and aircleaner. You bet, as soon as it arrives, I'll be posting some pictures of it for all to see. The motor should make that B-body just get on down the road. You think?

CtownRunner
GTX (RS)

Re: Stoked to say the least

Post by CtownRunner » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:51 pm

I smell tire smoke!

rr6pak
GTX (RS)

Post by rr6pak » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:57 pm

CtownRunner wrote:I smell tire smoke!
Lol...Thanks CtownRunner. Not only tire smoke but I think my pocket book will be hurting if I need to keep buying tires.

kenny
GTX (RS)
My Cars: RM23N1G107875

Post by kenny » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:14 pm

sounds great hope you get on the road soon

dangina
GTX (RS)
My Cars: 71 roadrunner

Post by dangina » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:08 am

lol I got the same call on friday, engine is finished, just gotta pay the final tag. What engine did you build? I bought the 470 ci stroker kit from muscle motors, engine builder was not impressed with it and end up costing me more money in the end, I should have just bought the kit from hughes engine instead...no dyno numbers yet, but I'm expecting around the 550-600hp/torque...
400 stroked to 470ci, 3:55 Eaton true trac, slightly upgraded suspension lol

BUILD THREAD!!!! http://www.protouringmopar.com/showthread.php?796-1971-Speedipus-Rex&highlight=speedipus

rr6pak
GTX (RS)

Post by rr6pak » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:46 am

http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforu ... Street-470

I went to MRL Performance in Michigan. I had a couple of conversations with Mike for well over an hour each time I called. The more we talked, the more confident I felt that he was the guy to build what I wanted. He is ONLY a Mopar guy and that's what I wanted. No offense to others but I wanted to have someone who only built Mopar engines. I even talked to Hughes, Muscle Motors, and a couple of others before I settled on Mike. It was almost as easy as going to McD's and ordering a Big Mac but more expensive...lol. Check out the link above and tell me what you all think. I can't wait till it comes. And as I said before, I'll be posting pictures when she arrives.

rr6pak
GTX (RS)

Post by rr6pak » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:10 pm

I can't wait to get this bad boy and eventually get it in the car when the body is done.

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:16 pm

nice!...should be a fun ride
AKA Butterscotch71....the road runner nest is out to win you over this year!Image

rr6pak
GTX (RS)

Post by rr6pak » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:31 pm

Eric wrote:nice!...should be a fun ride
Hope so Eric. I wanted a streetable, durable, lasting engine. That's why I was confident of Mike after having a couple of lengthy conversations with him. I simply told him what I wanted and he came up with a recipe tha I hope will last the life of the car. At least until I'm dead and gone. No drag racing, just cruising on bright sunny days and stomping a foriegn car or two along the way. More than likely, I will never need that much horse power BUT it's nice to know that I will have ample reserve of HP if need be. :).

dangina
GTX (RS)

Post by dangina » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:43 am

rr6pak wrote:
Hope so Eric. I wanted a streetable, durable, lasting engine. That's why I was confident of Mike after having a couple of lengthy conversations with him. I simply told him what I wanted and he came up with a recipe tha I hope will last the life of the car. At least until I'm dead and gone. No drag racing, just cruising on bright sunny days and stomping a foriegn car or two along the way. More than likely, I will never need that much horse power BUT it's nice to know that I will have ample reserve of HP if need be. :).
wow, I'm kinda freaked out how much we think the same lol I looked over your motor stats and its pretty damn close to the exact motor I just had built using the muscle motors kit. I wanted a bullet proof, streetable, long lasting engine with low compression on pump gas. After a year I decided on the 470ci stroker, was going to do the 451ci but the 470ci was the same price and i heard nothing but praises about it. The only thing I didn't care about is the vaccum as I'm runnning a 13" big brake kit with viper calipers and manual brakes. Heres your build compared to mine:

yours Mine

400 bock prepped and ready to go - same
3.91 crank - same
6.535 rods - 6.76
27cc dish pistons (9.60 to 1) - 10:0:1 I think its what its at
Edelbrock E Street 75cc heads - same
RPM intake -same
Voodoo solid roller cam 243/249 @ .050" -Xtreme Energy™, XE284H hydraulic flat tappet 240/246@.050"
QF 850 Hot Rod carb -QF 830 street carb Mech. secondairies and annular boosters,
electric choke
FBO ignition system -Firecore wires and distributer with Rev-n-ator ignition

7qt pan -Mildon road race pan with 3/8" pickup and windage tray
MRL to end oiling mod -Milodon oil pump and cover
PRW SS roller rockers -comp cams steel ultra pro magnum rollers
MRL solid roller lifters -Comp hydraulic lifters
HP Valve job and Mild port cleanup

BUILD THREAD!!!! http://www.protouringmopar.com/showthread.php?796-1971-Speedipus-Rex&highlight=speedipus

rr6pak
GTX (RS)

Post by rr6pak » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:32 am

dangina wrote:
rr6pak wrote:
wow, I'm kinda freaked out how much we think the same lol I looked over your motor stats and its pretty damn close to the exact motor I just had built using the muscle motors kit. I wanted a bullet proof, streetable, long lasting engine with low compression on pump gas. After a year I decided on the 470ci stroker, was going to do the 451ci but the 470ci was the same price and i heard nothing but praises about it. The only thing I didn't care about is the vaccum as I'm runnning a 13" big brake kit with viper calipers and manual brakes. Heres your build compared to mine:

yours Mine

400 bock prepped and ready to go - same
3.91 crank - same
6.535 rods - 6.76
27cc dish pistons (9.60 to 1) - 10:0:1 I think its what its at
Edelbrock E Street 75cc heads - same
RPM intake -same
Voodoo solid roller cam 243/249 @ .050" -Xtreme Energy™, XE284H hydraulic flat tappet 240/246@.050"
QF 850 Hot Rod carb -QF 830 street carb Mech. secondairies and annular boosters,
electric choke
FBO ignition system -Firecore wires and distributer with Rev-n-ator ignition

7qt pan -Mildon road race pan with 3/8" pickup and windage tray
MRL to end oiling mod -Milodon oil pump and cover
PRW SS roller rockers -comp cams steel ultra pro magnum rollers
MRL solid roller lifters -Comp hydraulic lifters
HP Valve job and Mild port cleanup
VERY close dagnia. Dang near the same motors. I'm adding a little something to make the motor pop or give it the wow factor but waiting for them to get done and to be added to the motor. Bought valve covers and air cleaner in the wrinkle finish with "Mopar performance" on them. Having the covers powder coated black and the wording "Mopar performance" coated in Hemi Orange with a special air cleaner fastener. That's my special added touch to the motor to make it more personalized. What's everyone's opinion on that? Mike sent me a picture of it and I'll try to post it in its virgin stage. If my plans pan out, the car will be put on a rotisserie this weekend.

dangina
GTX (RS)

Post by dangina » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:38 pm

If your hitting those numbers, I'm pretty stoked as well. I was shooting for around 550hp/torque fiqures and your doing better than that! I'm running a air grabber hood so i went with the classic round air cleaner(cheaper) and 6 pack base. I've been told I'll probably have to modify the base because I'm running the air gap intake. Not that big of a problem. Would like to see pics of how yours turn out.

rr6pak
GTX (RS)

Post by rr6pak » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:53 pm

Here it is :)
Rod F 470.JPG
Having a problem seeing my picture. Dont think it posted correctly. Dagnia:BTW- I'm running 11.75" front rotors and many other goodies as well. Anyone help with the picture?

dangina
GTX (RS)

Post by dangina » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:21 am

rr6pak wrote:Here it is :)
Rod F 470.JPG
Having a problem seeing my picture. Dont think it posted correctly. Dagnia:BTW- I'm running 11.75" front rotors and many other goodies as well. Anyone help with the picture?
I was gonna run the 11.75" kit until the wife said I could build it how i wanted it, problem is now I'm having trouble fitting the 17 rallyes from year one on the car now. Oh welll. I use a picture hosting site like photobucket and then copy the link onto the page. It makes posting pics for build threads down the road a lot easier.

rr6pak
GTX (RS)

Post by rr6pak » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:09 pm

Mike sent me a picture of the motor. I talked to him earlier today. For some reason, the picture won't post. IDK. He is shipping the beast soon as my personalization factor is done :)
As far as the brakes is concerned, I'm happy with the 11.75 set up I have so far. Haven't put them on yet but mocked them up and all fits fine. I might be mocking them up on the K member and stand soon till the car gets painted. We're planning on putting the car on the rotisserie this weekend. :)
Last edited by rr6pak on Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.