finally a little green

General Mopar Related Conversation

Moderator: Site Administrators

kenny
GTX (RS)
My Cars: RM23N1G107875

Re: finally a little green

Post by kenny » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:37 pm

Yeah i have noticed the picture on lots of post go away after a little bit.
And to follow up on my wishful reassembly, nothing has changed. Hunting season opened hear last weekend and my painter took off and went camping while hunting for the week. So my car is still waiting on wet sand and buff. Maybe next weekend.

kenny
GTX (RS)

Post by kenny » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:58 pm

Finally back in my garage space wet sanded and buffed pics not great however you can see the reflection of items beside the car

Last edited by kenny on Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:29 am, edited 4 times in total.

Magnes
Satellite Sebring Plus (RP)
My Cars: 1972 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus - Rallye Red
1972 Plymouth Satellite Sebring - Green - Parts Car
1971 Plymouth Satellite Sebring - Tan

Post by Magnes » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:40 pm

I wish I could see it!

I don't know how you go about loading pictures, but I like to do it using http://www.tinypic.com

Fairly simple to do there. Just go to the site, click the browse button, select the picture from your hardrive, then before you upload it, look below the browse button... It says "resize". Select "Message Board (640x480)" - so that your pic will easily fit on the boards without having to manually resize them all.

Then select "Upload Now!"

Then choose the code below "IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards" and copy it.

Now just paste that code into your message on this forum and boom. You have pictures.

WAAAAAAAY easier to do than to explain HOW to do, lol.

Post 'em up. I wanna see!

kenny
GTX (RS)

Post by kenny » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:07 pm

Magnes wrote:I wish I could see it!

I don't know how you go about loading pictures, but I like to do it using http://www.tinypic.com

Fairly simple to do there. Just go to the site, click the browse button, select the picture from your hardrive, then before you upload it, look below the browse button... It says "resize". Select "Message Board (640x480)" - so that your pic will easily fit on the boards without having to manually resize them all.

Then select "Upload Now!"

Then choose the code below "IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards" and copy it.

Now just paste that code into your message on this forum and boom. You have pictures.

WAAAAAAAY easier to do than to explain HOW to do, lol.

Post 'em up. I wanna see!
Thanks for pic posting tip worked great

kenny
GTX (RS)

Post by kenny » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:13 pm

I got to spend a couple hours on car today started with the firewall

Last edited by kenny on Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

moparite
GTX (RS)
My Cars: 1971 Road Runner 4speed FJ6 air grabber car. And yes i have the
build sheet to prove it. NO IT'S NOT FOR SALE!

Post by moparite » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:26 am

I wouldn't use anything flammable on the fire wall. I had a 68 Charger catch fire because of the bad insulation the factory used back then. I would use lizard skin. http://www.lizardskin.com/

kenny
GTX (RS)

Post by kenny » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:32 pm

I also had a Duster catch on fire one time due to a hot wire that a had a scrape grounding out against the antenna radio plug. Because several wires on this car had been cut and butt connected in the past i purchased every harness new from m&h through year one on a weekend they had a 30% off sale. The engine harness forward light harness the dash harness the rear harness the reverse light harness and wiper motor harness are all new only reusing the heat control light harness and heat control to heater box harness. They were not available and mine have been inspected and look/function fine. I still need to check the tail lights with integrated harness attached. However catching my car on fire is a serious concearn thank you for your input and recommendation.

Magnes
My Cars: 1972 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus - Rallye Red
1972 Plymouth Satellite Sebring - Green - Parts Car
1971 Plymouth Satellite Sebring - Tan

Post by Magnes » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:59 am

It looks great! Glad I could help with the pics. Your car is going to be amazing. VERY nice work!

kenny
GTX (RS)

Post by kenny » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:45 pm

I got my dash pad put on the frame yesterday let me say if you need one and are lucky enough to find an original buy it in place of a remanufactured one. When i first started trying to get one i ordered from ultimate rides i think in el paso and got junk twice then had a hard time getting money back then i ordered one from carolina super dash took a while but looked pretty good however when i started trying to install it yesterday the padding around the corners was so thick i had a hard time getting it on the frame a real pain in the butt furthermore the thickness where map light plate mounts keeps it from setting flush as well. But it is better than my old busted one. I work with it for a few hours and got it to a place i can live with. This morning i got the complete dash in car, and this afternoon i got the wiper motor and mechanism in the cowl and my cowl screens on, along with the cowl seal and hood to radiator support seal cleaned conditioned and reinstalled

mopardog
My Cars: 1972 Road Runner 400 (project)

Post by mopardog » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:03 am

Awesome progress pics! Mine is the same color and can't wait to see mine all shiny again. Gonna show the wife your pics, she's been a little hesitant about the color (kinda wrinkled her nose when I said "the bird" was go back original color). Keep the pics comin.
Long live "Ma Mopar"!!! 1972 Road Runner F7 Green, E68, build Feb 9, 1972, Deluxe trim. She's a little rough but she's mine all mine!!!!!

ct71rr
GTX (RS)
My Cars: 1971 Plymouth Road Runner

Post by ct71rr » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:45 pm

Very nice! The dash looks great. I also like that color. I don't believe that I have seen it before. Keep the pics coming :beer:

RoadrunnerSteve
Road Runner (RM)
My Cars: 1971 Plymouth Roadrunner 340 Auto EV2

Post by RoadrunnerSteve » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:02 pm

Simply beautiful. Great work!

kenny
GTX (RS)

Post by kenny » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:27 pm

This weekend i got my radiator support black out done my headlight buckets on the front bumper brackets mounted front bumper and grille installed along with the brake lines, i know questions posted before about brake lines and i said before that i got mine from year one and they looked very similar laying beside the old one and now i can report they fit well also. on another note if you have considered buying the 71 grille installation kit for sale on ebay dont its junk the plastic screw inserts are white not black the bezel screws are not black the are silver and they have the wrong head and they are a half inch shorter than the originals if you buy it for the plastic retainers like i did go to advance and buy those and reuse the original screws.

Last edited by kenny on Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.

sdweatherman
Site Admin
My Cars: 1971 GY8 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus
1971 GB7 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus factory Sunroof
1972 EV2 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus factory Sunroof
1974 KB5 Plymouth Road Runner GTX Dealer Announcement car

Post by sdweatherman » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:49 am

Hey Kenny. If you post any picture to the Nest that is larger than about 640x480 resolution, then it gets cut off on the side. I use a free paint program that you can download off the web called Paint.net to edit my pictures before I post them. It has a tool that can reduce the resolution of pictures down to any size you want. Pretty handy. Scott.
1971 GY8 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus
1971 GB7 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus w/factory Sunroof
1972 EV2 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus w/factory Sunroof

kenny
GTX (RS)

Post by kenny » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:28 pm

i got my fuel tank fuel lines and carb on this weekend along with my plugs dist cap and ignition wires trying to get to a point to fire the engine i broke the mounting tab of my vapor separater so those hoses still need to be completed, furthermore i never expected the fuel lines to give me so much trouble i didn't get to take them out of my car originally so i was not sure just how to get at it but they are in and man it is tight trying to get three lines through a couple of those spots.