OH NO!!!

General Mopar Related Conversation

Moderator: Site Administrators

asuperdry
GTX (RS)
My Cars: 1972 RH23

OH NO!!!

Post by asuperdry » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:56 pm

Check this video out, the FOOL leaves his 71 Satellite running and goes into the shop. OH yea, you know someone was gonna steal it. . . . . .LOL, that guy was just like, "screw it im gonna steal this here MOPAR"
http://www.newsok.com/article/3883941
I hope the owner isn't a member on this forum, but if he is, BAHAHAHAHAHA

KentuckyBlueBird
Road Runner (RM)
My Cars: 1971 Plymouth Roadrunner

Re: OH NO!!!

Post by KentuckyBlueBird » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:17 pm

I hope the car didn't belong to anyone from the Nest.

72bluNblu
Road Runner (RM)
My Cars: 1971 383 SSP

Post by 72bluNblu » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:24 am

Wow that sucks! Freshly painted too!

Hopefully the owner gets it back in one piece. But it definitely illustrates why you have to be careful, even if you're only going 20ft inside a building. A surprisingly large number of stolen cars are left running by their owners. Same with vehicle break ins, in most cases the items stolen were left in plain sight. Crimes of opportunity.

Shut your car off, take your valuables with you and lock up before you leave. Just doing those simple things will significantly reduce your odds of having your car or belongings stolen. Granted, if your car is targeted by a "professional" a locked door isn't going to help much, but most thefts aren't done by pro's. The moron in this case probably didn't even realize he was on camera the entire time.
'71 SSP GA4
'71 DartGT EL5 (#65 in the GT registry)
'71 DartGT GK6 ( #69 in the GT registry)
'74 Duster/71 demon tribute- primary driver
'72 Challenger-secondary driver

Smellslike1974
GTX (RS)

Post by Smellslike1974 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:46 am

That's one mistake he is definitely beating himself up for. I hope he gets it back, when he does I hope he isn't as lazy.
"Sunny D"-1974 Plymouth Satellite Sebring With Sundance Packaging

dangina
GTX (RS)
My Cars: 71 roadrunner

Post by dangina » Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:11 am

well that just plain sucks. Are our cars easy to resell on the blackmarket? One of my biggest fears is getting the bird stolen...

I have alot of aftermarket parts on the car, I have taken the time and effort to label each individual part with the vin number of the car, and take a cell pic of where I inscribed it, in case it ever got parted out. The police here said they can recover a number thats been filed off or grinded off, which is why I went this route, Thought I'd share that...
400 stroked to 470ci, 3:55 Eaton true trac, slightly upgraded suspension lol

BUILD THREAD!!!! http://www.protouringmopar.com/showthread.php?796-1971-Speedipus-Rex&highlight=speedipus

72bluNblu
Road Runner (RM)
My Cars: 1971 383 SSP

Post by 72bluNblu » Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:17 pm

dangina wrote:well that just plain sucks. Are our cars easy to resell on the blackmarket? One of my biggest fears is getting the bird stolen...

I have alot of aftermarket parts on the car, I have taken the time and effort to label each individual part with the vin number of the car, and take a cell pic of where I inscribed it, in case it ever got parted out. The police here said they can recover a number thats been filed off or grinded off, which is why I went this route, Thought I'd share that...
The parts are easy to resell, thats for sure. Especially the aftermarket upgrades.

Pretty awesome to put the VIN on the individual parts, although I'm not sure the police around here would bother spending the time even with that done. On the off chance they recovered some parts though it would make it easier to reclaim them. As far as recovering a number that's been ground off, I think it would have to be stamped, not engraved. Engraving doesn't change the metal below the engraving, just removes some metal. Stamping, on the other hand, hardens the metal below the stamped numbers. That's why the numbers can be recovered even after they've been destroyed on the surface. Of course, if you grind or file deep enough, the numbers will be unrecoverable.
'71 SSP GA4
'71 DartGT EL5 (#65 in the GT registry)
'71 DartGT GK6 ( #69 in the GT registry)
'74 Duster/71 demon tribute- primary driver
'72 Challenger-secondary driver

bigaaadams
Satellite Coupe (RL)

Post by bigaaadams » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:47 pm

Moral of the story.....never build a car you can't chase down on foot..

71runnerm51
GTX (RS)

Post by 71runnerm51 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:48 am

never leave any car running ! Moral is stupid is as stupid does :shock: