Second time around.

General Mopar Related Conversation

Moderator: Site Administrators

luvmoparz
GTX (RS)
My Cars: 1972 440 Roadrunner/GTX

Re: Second time around.

Post by luvmoparz » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:42 am

Such an interesting story. These cars go way back for most of us. You must have a good reason for having to sell it now. Hopefully you have it priced high enough that there are no takers and you come to your senses and keep it.....wish that's the way it would have worked for me with my last one, although I am very happy with its replacement. Good luck on your sale (secretly hoping you do not sell and keep it for some years of enjoyment)
--------------------------
1972 440 Roadrunner/GTX

Magnes
Satellite Sebring Plus (RP)
My Cars: 1972 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus - Rallye Red
1972 Plymouth Satellite Sebring - Green - Parts Car
1971 Plymouth Satellite Sebring - Tan

Post by Magnes » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:59 pm

Well I mainly just put it up to see if I got any decent counter offers. I am asking quite a bit for it. If it sells I will just buy another one and build the car again. If I don't get any good offers, I will just keep it because I am very happy with it.

I quit doing glass work last year (after doing it for 18+ years) and started building and selling cars out of my garage. When I got this Plymouth last June I had already built and sold 3 other cars in the 6 months before and flipped a couple others for profit. I want one of these Plymouths for my own so I built this car. I just figure, what the hell, put it up and if it sells, so be it, I can always build another just like it or better. No guts no glory.

Magnes
Satellite Sebring Plus (RP)
My Cars: 1972 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus - Rallye Red
1972 Plymouth Satellite Sebring - Green - Parts Car
1971 Plymouth Satellite Sebring - Tan

Post by Magnes » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:14 pm

Well, like I said, I put the car up for sale just to see what kind of offers I would get on it... I got a VERY good offer. As much as I love this car, I just couldn't pass up this much cash. I will build another 71-72 Plymouth B body soon. 3rd time will be the charm but with this one being a Satellite Sebring Plus and selling for as much as most nice Roadrunners and 2-3 times as much as most RR clones, I had to do the deal. According to the buyer, this car will be heading overseas to Europe.

It's alright. A couple weeks before the car sold, my wife and I picked up a 73 Cuda 340 so I will have something to play with while I search for just the right car to do next. Here's a couple pictures of the 2 cars together.

I will definitely miss it but the next one I do will be even better...