Does anyone else remember..

General Mopar Related Conversation

Moderator: Site Administrators

areibel
Satellite Coupe (RL)

Does anyone else remember..

Post by areibel » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:40 pm

Back when I was a kid I remember watching the old Truth or Consequences game show, I think Bob Barker was the host then. One of the segments was a woman was told she won a new car- a 70 RR I believe, maybe a 69. But the "consequence" was when they pulled the curtain back the motor was all apart, neatly lined up on the floor. She had to build the motor and install it, and if it stared on the first try it was hers. She had a mechanic that could tell her what to do but wasn't allowed to turn a wrench, she had to do it all. Over the course of a couple of weeks she finished it and it started, so she won.
I'm wondering if anyone else remembers it, or maybe even the car survived?

mopar71
GTX (RS)
My Cars: 1971 roadrunner

Re: Does anyone else remember..

Post by mopar71 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:02 pm

Wow,I wish I saw that! :)
MOPAR (Move Over Plymouth Approching Rapidly)

areibel
Satellite Coupe (RL)

Post by areibel » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:33 pm

Yeah, it was pretty cool- I always wondered if the mechanic would sneak back in after she had worked on it and double check everything?
I'm trying to find a video, but googling isn't working. There's also a twon in NM named Truth Or Consequences, and there's a company there called Roadrunner Graphics! You get lots of hits but they're all for the wrong T&C.

moparite
GTX (RS)
My Cars: 1971 Road Runner 4speed FJ6 air grabber car. And yes i have the
build sheet to prove it. NO IT'S NOT FOR SALE!

Post by moparite » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:27 pm

There was a show on some time ago with a similar idea. People had to build a custom chopper and if it started and drove they got to keep it. It's funny watching people who never picked up a wrench in their life build something. :lol: