Build Sheet

General Mopar Related Conversation

Moderator: Site Administrators

bgreenaway
Satellite Coupe (RL)
My Cars: 1971 Road Runner 383 4 speed

Build Sheet

Post by bgreenaway » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:43 am

Hello I'm new to the nest so once I figure out how I'll post some pictures of my car. It's a 71 road runner with a 383 4speed with 3:23 rear end. Apparently it sat dismantled for about 25 years until one of the owners of Strands Classic's found it and put it back together. It was originally brown and a 3 speed, but now B5 blue and a 4 speed. It was sold to Southern Motors Michigan and I brought it to Ontario Canada last March. I was wondering if some one could tell me how to get a new build sheet for the car. the one I have is full of little rips and hard to read. Also how can I get a new fender tag for this car? Thanks for any help Brad.

Eric
Site Admin

Re: Build Sheet

Post by Eric » Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:49 pm

Welcome to the Nest!
I would strongly recommend not pursuing a reproduction broadcast sheet. There's only one place I'm aware of that used to do them, and I'm not sure if they're still printing the sheets. Because of the nature of the sheets, and the fact that there are no Chrysler records remaining for these cars, anytime a car shows up with a new sheet it calls into question the legitimacy of the entire vehicle. Keep your original sheet in a plastic sleeve to protect it. If you want to display it at a show, make a color copy. There are a couple of sources for fender tags, but again a repop tag calls into question the legitimacy of the options on the car.
AKA Butterscotch71....the road runner nest is out to win you over this year!Image

gary
GTX (RS)
My Cars: '71 GTX Gold Leaf Met.440 A/T

Post by gary » Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:42 pm

Hi,I put my orig.build sheet in a 9"x 11" picture frame i got at the dollar store!!!
Gary '71 GTX :beer:

bgreenaway
Satellite Coupe (RL)

Post by bgreenaway » Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:51 pm

Thanks for the info. The original tag and build sheet are in plastic covers so that's where I'll keep them.

bgreenaway
Satellite Coupe (RL)

Post by bgreenaway » Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:59 pm

How do I post pictures on this site? I'm not very computer smart so please try and make it simple.

sdweatherman
Site Admin
My Cars: 1971 GY8 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus
1971 GB7 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus factory Sunroof
1972 EV2 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus factory Sunroof
1974 KB5 Plymouth Road Runner GTX Dealer Announcement car

Post by sdweatherman » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:43 am

Welcome to the nest. The easiest way to post images is to upload your pictures to a image hosting site like photobucket.com or something similar. I have my car posted at cardomain.com. Then, when you do a reply or post on this website, you just include a url tag in your text using the URL button in this editor. It should look something like this with box brackets around the outside of the urls also:
url]http://www.hostsite.com/yourpicture.jpg[/url

As for the build sheet and tag, as long as you have the originals and they are legible, then keep those with your car to verify you cars authenticity. If you want to get shinier reproductions to display with the car, then you could get those done up. I found a blank broadcast sheet online somewhere. Just a matter of pulling it up in a pdf document editor and filling in the blanks. As for the tag, you would have to go through a tag service. I know Galens tag service does them. Somebody please chime in if there is somebody else out there that reproduces tags. Thanks! And good luck with your project.
1971 GY8 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus
1971 GB7 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus w/factory Sunroof
1972 EV2 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus w/factory Sunroof