wheels

General Mopar Related Conversation

Moderator: Site Administrators

71bird
GTX (RS)
My Cars: 69 Coronet 4 door.71 Road Runner. 71Dodge Tradesman 100 Van. 75 Dodge Dart. 95 Dodge Neon.

wheels

Post by 71bird » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:48 pm

While talking to people about wheels and trin rings, i thought i'd put this out just in case anyone was instersed.When it comes to rally wheels i think everybody knows that the wheels out there for sell aren't the right color, you have to repaint them.But on to the trim rings. I think cookers has stoped selling them, at least they had stopped for a while.I bought a set from wheel vintiques.A 71 has brushed rims so that is what i ordered, now they come in and don't look right but i couldn't say what.After looking at some original set here is the differance.Originals, the lip is not brushed, it's polished,and the finish looks like it was done with 320 to 400 grit finish. Thers is brushed all over, and looks like 80 to 120 grit. No comparrision, side by side. I called them and they said..well we sell a lot of them and no body else complains... so i said swap them for polished and i'll brush them my self.They did that, but charged a 20% restocking fee.Stockton and wheel specialties sell them but i don't know about there quality.W/S did say the lip was polished though. Just some info for people that have not bought wheels and rings yet to think about.
71 Road Runner - J68