MONO BUMPERS

General Mopar Related Conversation

Moderator: Site Administrators

mikedonovan
Road Runner (RM)
My Cars: 1971 ssp-rr / not a clone 2 vin plates Y39 SPECIAL ORDER

MONO BUMPERS

Post by mikedonovan » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:52 am

HAY GUYS. Have u ever wondered who starts a Trend-Fad.. I'm 64 yrs young, and i myself in Detroit with the guys, decided to blast some 65 dodge dart bumpers, and paint um to match car. I WONDER? 'MONO'
In 1972, my Friend built a Truck, with 10 ton axles,and tires from a front -end loader, and sit his pick up on it. He could'nt get outta the garage, off came the tires etc. Needless to say, the COPS freaked out, and like us had a good time with the Court, and hay!, is it bigger than a SEMI?? THING. Yrs later came BIG FOOT ETC. I WONDER? HEADERS COMING OUT THE HOOD? I love Detroit, and the things we did. Coming up with the cars were restoring today, was a experiance i'm proud to be part of.... vertical wings-horizontal wings-,,,, FM RADIO-8-TRACK-POWER THIS,POWER THAT-ETC-ETC... I WISH I COULD GO BACK, IT WAS A BLAST..
Paint colors..... PURPLE HAZE- ORANGE TWIST- MELLO YELLOW- ON AND ON,,, TRUST ME, IT WAS A DRUG THING??? Every day ,we went WTF dude. I went to DUPONT school as part of my training. FORMULATOR of WTF'S.... PUT IN ACTION THE THINGS YOU DREAM UP? YOU MAY ONE DAY SEE IT BECOME A TREND..
ole friends live on. Connie Coletta-son Doug- Roger Pensky-Lee iacoca-Sheryl Moldownny- Ted williams-Ted Nugent-Gordan Lightfoot--Neal Diamond- Diane Ross- gotta love Detroit.
mike donovan