Going today to make an offer on YES another car

General Mopar Related Conversation

Moderator: Site Administrators

moparmike
GTX (RS)

Going today to make an offer on YES another car

Post by moparmike » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:13 am

My brother found this car for sale so we are going to check it out but it seems like a decent car for a really good price..............And No I am not buying it HE is I have enough projects right now. Its a 71 Satellite and it looks like we can buy it for approx $7000
Attachments
sat.jpg
sat.jpg (12.99 KiB) Viewed 15014 times
Sometimes I get to feeling that if Xmas, Fathers Day and my Birthday did not exist, then aftershave too would not exist.

71Beeper
GTX (RS)
My Cars: 1971 Satellite

Re: Going today to make an offer on YES another car

Post by 71Beeper » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:41 pm

Mike I saw that car on Kijijji, by the pictures it does look like it's in good shape. Now go get it!

bruce
Site Admin

Post by bruce » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:03 pm

Good looking Satty! :beer:
Bruce Anliker

transamman
Road Runner (RM)
My Cars: 72 satellite/roadrunner clone

Post by transamman » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:55 pm

Wheeeew!!!!!! Look at that pretty car! I don't see a shifter on the column so I'm guessing an auto. Big block or small block?? That white inside is cool. It's hard to beat those Magnum's. Ya know, my first Mopar was a '72 b5 Rallye Challenger w/a 4 speed. I cropped tobacco and bagged groceries and saved my money and earned it. Those cars didn't cost a fortune in '82! But King Richard drove a Road Runner in the early 70's. When I was younger, I thought these cars looked like a sad catfish in the front and didn't appreciate them for what they are. The outline of the 1970 grill is the shape of a 71-72 bumper. You can imagine the gears spinning in the designer'sminds. But now I have got to say that this is the sharpest overall generation of Mopars ever. What a car!!! I hope you work out a deal :beer:
Last edited by transamman on Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ILUV72RRs
GTX (RS)
My Cars: 1972 340 Road Runner, 1972 400 Road Runner

Post by ILUV72RRs » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:53 pm

A sad catfish? I've never heard that one before! It put a smile on my face because it's sort of a good description. :^) But hey, I like catfish! Late 1970 when I was in the South Bay Roadrunners car club out here in So. California. The club was going to pass a bylaw that we weren't going to allow any 1971 Road Runners in the club. Because at the time that was NOT a Road Runner. It was too radical looking, and might as well been a space ship as far as we were concerned. We were too used to the shoebox '68-''70 Road Runners. Well, before we could pass the bylaw. The club's treasurer went out and bought a new Sassy-Grass '71 383 Road Runner. We didn't want to lose him as a member because he did such a good job. So the by-law was dropped. Time marches on, and it gets to the point where, "That car isn't so bad looking," deal. Then when the '72 Road Runner came out. It was instant love for me. I eventually traded my '69 Road Runner in for one. Have had several '72 Road Runners over the years, a '71 sun roof Road Runner, a '72 Satellite Sepring Plus, and still have a '72 340 Road Runner. Would love to have another real 440X model. But the prices of those are too rich for me being retired. Now then, the question is: Mike, did your brother buy the car? If not, disown him! :beer:

moparmike
GTX (RS)

Post by moparmike » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:11 am

We offered him $7000 CASH but he is stuck on $8000 it is a 318 car which is ok as my brother would soon change that but it seems like a nice starting point. I think $7000 is a good offer ...If I was looking I would have countered offered a little more which we still might do. Heck I told him I would chip in for him...the issue is he also wants to check out a 71 Charger for around the same amount. When he was 18 and I was 19 He owned a 71 superbee and I had a 72 SSP so we will wait and see what he decides.
Sometimes I get to feeling that if Xmas, Fathers Day and my Birthday did not exist, then aftershave too would not exist.

71440 gtx
GTX (RS)
My Cars: 71 gtx 71 340 duster
Location: I am here, or is it there? GIF image (animated, 49 frames)

Post by 71440 gtx » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:17 pm

Remember it's only a 318 Satellite with a 1972 interior in it out of an SSP. Don't worry about it look for a71 :beer: Roadrunner.
71 gtx 440 4speed air grabber blue on blue with white vinyl roofOption cassette player

Plymouth's gonna getcha!
There are 3 things that will live forever, cockroaches, Keith Richards, & slant 6

transamman
Road Runner (RM)
My Cars: 72 satellite/roadrunner clone

Post by transamman » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:20 pm

71440 gtx wrote:Remember it's only a 318 Satellite with a 1972 interior in it out of an SSP. Don't worry about it look for a71 :beer: Roadrunner.
Since i didn't see a gearshift lever on the column, I feel like it's a bucket seat console car but possibly a buddy seat car. If that's indeed the case with the buckets and console, is there really a dimes worth of difference in the 71 or 72 other than the woodgrain shape on the doorpanels and the foil design on the woodgrain and also the material colors offered as options? A '72 interior isn't like a 2nd class citizen as near as I can tell... While I'll admit that a Road Runner in the same shape as a SSP is more desirable in alot of cases, not always. That little Satellite is a cool car! I gotta say it seems to me to be a little pricey- but cars demand different prices in different regions of the country. But assuming that the car's been checked out and is solid, that is a groovy car and its equal isn't made anywhere now at any price. Dynacorn are you listening???? You could take a 7000.00 car and refurbish it and modernize the sound system and cosmetics and tune on that 318 and have a heck of a car for 10 Grand. Or if it's good now, leave it alone and drive it... Or make some mods and have a rompin stompin Mopar that'll eat a stock "only a GTX" alive. Or, the Satellite could eventually die because someone doesn't want "only a 318 Satellite". No, it isn't a GTX but it still has alot of value. That white '72 interior is way cool. That car is cool. It's a lot more than a parts car for someone's superior GTX... :pity:

moparmike
GTX (RS)

Post by moparmike » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:42 am

I totally agree it is a cool car and the guy already added some of the roadrunner items like the hood...it has the typical satty issues like the rear quarters need attention but definately repairable. My brother does not care if the interior etc is year correct 71-72 as I am sure he would want to make a GTX clone out of it anyway. I do think that $7000 is at the high end for this car as it needs work but its not like old mother mopar is still making them so ya gotta pay if ya wanna play :lol: Anyway we are still talking to the guy so as of today it is still available for sale

71440 gtx
GTX (RS)
My Cars: 71 gtx 71 340 duster
Location: I am here, or is it there? GIF image (animated, 49 frames)

Post by 71440 gtx » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:09 am

Okay to make it clear, I wasn't bashing the car because it was "only a 318 Satellite", I was pointing out that it was rather expensive for a car you want to convert into a GTX or Roadrunner.

As for a 318 motor modified...it still won't beat a good running 440 4bbl 4-speed 354 dana car
71 gtx 440 4speed air grabber blue on blue with white vinyl roofOption cassette player

Plymouth's gonna getcha!
There are 3 things that will live forever, cockroaches, Keith Richards, & slant 6

moparmike
GTX (RS)

Post by moparmike » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:00 pm

Hey I know you where not bashing the car :beer: You must have been reading our minds because Yes it is a lot of dough to pay for a car that we want to clonerunner.... :haha: As a standard Satty it is a pretty good deal..nice enough Heck I would buy it for myself but I have tooooo many projects and not enough storage :cry: ...if I had the space it would be here right now waiting its turn.

If someone was looking at getting into the hobby and wanted a nice cruiser this is the car for sure

Smellslike1974
GTX (RS)

Post by Smellslike1974 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:30 am

Not EVERYONE Is all about power.Me being one of them.It seems like that Is always brought up.As far as what Its worth?Since when did this forum start acting like Barret Jackson??It seems like If your car doesn't have this or this Its over looked anymore.

Cant we just have our cars and be respectful of others?
"Sunny D"-1974 Plymouth Satellite Sebring With Sundance Packaging

moparmike
GTX (RS)

Post by moparmike » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:54 am

Hey for me personally I like all of these cars regardless of what options they have....I enjoy seeing the variety of cars out there but I also like to see people make a car their own with their personal likes and dislikes....Most guys want the car they dreamed of owning when they where younger....me prsonally I always wanted one of these cars with a 440......So I opted to put one in my car and I am happy but I have kept the original 318 because who knows I may put it back in down the road but for now I want to drive the car I always wanted. I met a guy who has a 72 SSP and he put on a spoiler and roadrunner hood but left the SSP badges strickly because He loves the look and that is all he ever wanted I thought the car looked great and he seemed very proud of the car and that is..........what the hobby and the website is.....all about I think.

My brother is a big 383 engine guy and regardless of what he finds he has it in His mind that he wants a 383 and I can relate to that.......He is not buying the 71 satellite as he has found a better deal for himself locally. He found a 72 charger and chargers are his first love and the price was right under $3000 pictures to follow. It is a great car for him it needs a little work but that is what he does for a living..Anyway I hope I echo the feelings of the nest when I say that We just love these cars regardless of what has been done to them :beer: :beer:
Attachments
191833985v1_225x225_Front_padToSquare-true.jpg
191833985v1_225x225_Front_padToSquare-true.jpg (14.19 KiB) Viewed 14722 times