BM corp.

General Mopar Related Conversation

Moderator: Site Administrators

Johnnymopar69
Satellite Coupe (RL)
My Cars: 69 B-3 blue 383 Coronet 500 convertible

BM corp.

Post by Johnnymopar69 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:36 am

I don't want to bash any company as major as B and M transmission parts but from my experience I ordered a stall converter for my 400 Magnum 73 Charger and pointed out several times the difference between an internally balanced 383 and the 400 externally balanced motor. But I still got an internally balanced torque converter for a 383. My car shook a little at first and became violent at the end until the axial thrust bearing came apart and almost destroyed my mint 727, I had looked at the driveshaft balance and the rearend before I was convinced that I got the wrong tourqe converter. I actually cut the converter into at work and discovered that the axial thrust bearing had come apart and was going around the input shaft like a huls hoop causing massive vibration. When I got a stall for my 69 383 I talked to the KIDS boss first to make sure I didn't get (*edited---keep it clean) again out of several hundred dollars and be told I ordered it wrong. Even with reciepts I was told I was wrong and ordered wrong. Guess I don't know my own Mopar after owning 55 of them. Has anyone else had similar experiences?