Newb that loves his '71 SSP

General Mopar Related Conversation

Moderator: Site Administrators

EDGEFIND
Satellite Coupe (RL)
My Cars: 71 Satellite Sebring Plus

Re: Newb that loves his '71 SSP

Post by EDGEFIND » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:53 pm

Thanks again, folks. The warm welcome and motivational posts are great to read and may light a little fire under my butt. Unfortunately, at the moment, I'm out of work so saving money for it is pretty much out of the question right now. Until I find some gainful employment, once again, I'm just doing everything that I can to make sure I don't have to get rid of her. I have so many wonderful memories of cruising around, meeting girls and just driving her all over the place. She's nothing special, but she's mine. When we purchased her, the previous owner had put a 318 from a '73 charger in and it's always had some issues but I made do. Even when I had problems with the radiator blowing and such, I still have good memories as it gave me the opportunity to learn something new and spend time with my dad. That in itself is priceless.

At the moment, future plans are wide open and pretty much limitless. Until I have some cash to put forth I'll continue dreaming which works just fine for me. I'm pretty sure I want to go back to my original Satellite hood and go more of the "sleeper" route even though with this body style, that's pretty much impossible. If ya'll don't mind, I'll just continue checking out all of your rides and thoughts to start a direction on mine. :D

rr6pak
GTX (RS)
My Cars: 1971 Tor-Red RR

Post by rr6pak » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:48 pm

EDGEFIND wrote: If ya'll don't mind, I'll just continue checking out all of your rides and thoughts to start a direction on mine. :D
No problem. We all have been there in one way or the other with your situation. My car has been in my family for almost 30 years. I work on her when I can and when the money allows. Till then, since I dont owe money for it, its not hurting the stage that it is in. Something big is coming up soon so maybe I can give the girl the much needed attention is so deserves. When it does, I'll be lik a proud papa and post many pix of her. :D
"Time, money, and patience" is what it takes. I've had two of the three for many years. Good luck!

gionni
GTX (RS)

Post by gionni » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:54 am

Welcome to the nest! :wink:
"PRO RUNNER" 1971 Road Runner Pro Touring (GY9 Tawny Gold)
AERODYNAMIC IS FOR PEOPLE THAT CAN'T BUILD ENGINES!

beepbeepTyler
Satellite Sebring (RH)
My Cars: 1972 Plymouth Road Runner (340 cubic inch 4-Barrel)

Post by beepbeepTyler » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:06 pm

Welcome! Im new too. Already addicted...
Attachments
big message post signatchahhh.JPG
big message post signatchahhh.JPG (36.88 KiB) Viewed 5298 times
______
-Tyler
"When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane."

EDGEFIND
Satellite Coupe (RL)
My Cars: 71 Satellite Sebring Plus

Post by EDGEFIND » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:40 pm

All of you have some beautiful rides. Does anyone have any good suggestions for additional online galleries for the '71/72 body styles to get more ideas? I have amassed a large collection of photos from many sites over the years but they are kind of random and a lot of them are from here. I was just curious if there were any other roadrunner lover sites out there. This is the only one I've found and consider myself very fortunate having done so. I don't understand it because I think these cars are one of the most beautiful flowing body styles ever made.