Goverment trying to ban our passion?

General Mopar Related Conversation

Moderator: Site Administrators

Smellslike1974
GTX (RS)

Goverment trying to ban our passion?

Post by Smellslike1974 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:52 am

My brother showed me an article In a mag called Engine masters.It was 3 pages of what the governments plans are for our future of the automotive hobby,or lets say no future at all.They go over some brief laws trying to be passed nationwide.Racetracks closing 2 hours earlier,officials have the right to walk onto your property and ticket a vehicle 25 years or older simply because it is what it is.all classics would have to undergo a special test,thing is the governments test is made so no cars would even come close to passing.I know that this has been an on going battle but I take it they are hitting harder than ever.To really get the idea and to understand what laws are trying to be passed In your state heres the site.It will also tell you whos trying to help our cause to vote against these laws.

http://www.semasan.com/main/main.aspx?I ... m/HomePage

I looked my state up and saw that they are working on trying to make a law where you can only drive your classic car one day per week.

Is this some bullsh#t or what?If they passed these laws i could see a nationwide riot going on,a future mad max-ish where police chase anyone with old cars,and the fuel,engines,parts are so rare only way to get them is by secretly purchasing or stealing.

Because,you know the government wont stop at just limiting driving time or giving tests.There main goal is to get rid of them completely.

This may all fall through but what if it doesn't?
"Sunny D"-1974 Plymouth Satellite Sebring With Sundance Packaging

quapman
GTX (RS)

Re: Goverment trying to ban our passion?

Post by quapman » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:38 am

Well, this crap is created by our retarded elected officials.

The best defense against it is to call, write and e-mail them as registered voters.

...and of course, vote, vote, VOTE.

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric » Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:03 pm

If we didn't have stupid people voting for these idiots in the first place we wouldn't have these problems....
AKA Butterscotch71....the road runner nest is out to win you over this year!Image

Smellslike1974
GTX (RS)

Post by Smellslike1974 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:41 pm

quapman wrote:Well, this crap is created by our retarded elected officials.

The best defense against it is to call, write and e-mail them as registered voters.

...and of course, vote, vote, VOTE.
Thats what the website is for also.

72 RR fan
GTX (RS)
My Cars: 1972 Road Runner 440 auto
1971 Road Runner 383 4spd

Post by 72 RR fan » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:26 pm

This kind of bs make me feel like throwing up (preferably on the lawmakers)
Banning classics cars really should boost the economy and create jobs, since there would be no more restoration shops, suppliers, aftermarket parts, large swap meets to boost local economy, ++++ I can't imagine what the benefit would be. The ratio of classic cars on the road where I am is not that threateningly high.

I don't get it :roll:
"Did I just buy another car?!?"

Smellslike1974
GTX (RS)

Post by Smellslike1974 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:45 pm

Not only that but most race events or car shows are held to raise money for different cancers or awareness.

If that goes away,a lot of people will suffer.

moparmike
GTX (RS)

Post by moparmike » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:44 pm

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER Underestimate the stupidity of idiots.
With all the many things that really need the goverments attention all they can think of doing is picking on vintage car owners. I guess they forgot about the recession etc.
Sometimes I get to feeling that if Xmas, Fathers Day and my Birthday did not exist, then aftershave too would not exist.

gary
GTX (RS)
My Cars: '71 GTX Gold Leaf Met.440 A/T

Post by gary » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:52 pm

Let's here some names of these "elected officals"and the areas they represent that are pushing this shit! We need to know WHO NOT to vote for and spread the word!!
Gary 71' GTX and other mopars!

fourforty6pac
GTX (RS)

Post by fourforty6pac » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:55 pm

They have been talking about this for almost 20 years. In most areas you cant have a car that isn't registered siting in plain sight. There are too many people with way too much time on their hands. My brother in law ( he is a dumb Chevy guy) had to register almost 2 dozen cars and trucks. The town didn't think he would do that but he did. Then they wanted to go on his property and inspect every car to make sure they all were in good working order. I told him they don't have the authority to inspect you private property with out a warrant, and the cop that was sent to try and inspect them wasn't qualified to do so. I was there that day and asked to see his DOT certification he told me he didn't need one and wouldn't get off the property. So I told my sister to call call the county boys because this cop was trespassing. She did and he was told he couldn't be on their property with out permission or a warrant. The village president was mad as hell so next they weighed a daily fine on my brother in law. In no time they owed the town 38,000 dollars. They got a good lawyer and took the town to court.They sued the town and won. They didn't want the money, thats not what it was all about. He just wanted to be able to enjoy his hobby without being told what to do to his own property. a few years later they moved out of that pit stop town and bought a farm across the road from me. Now I have to suffer every time I see his yard full of GM's. Sorry for the rant! I'm not giving up my guns or my cars. Try to take them from me :mad:

bruce
Site Admin

Post by bruce » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:19 am

This is one of the main reasons I belong to clubs... the AACA is a great organization to give car collectors enmasse a voice with our elected officials. Best way I can see having an effect with the morons "running" our country--VOTE, and join your fellow car fanatics in a club that has enough members and CLOUT to lobby for our cause... SEMA is great for this as well.
Bruce Anliker

Smellslike1974
GTX (RS)

Post by Smellslike1974 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:21 am

I just cant believe how this world works.

We try and get rid of stuff that harms the air,because we need to breath it.
But we don't try and get rid of the stuff that harms us,so we can breath!

I hope this doesn't go any farther and they just give the hell up.An end to my most employable hobby would be the end of me.My car means a lot to me.

ct71rr
GTX (RS)
My Cars: 1971 Plymouth Road Runner

Post by ct71rr » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:09 pm

Eric wrote:If we didn't have stupid people voting for these idiots in the first place we wouldn't have these problems....
X2...Let's keep voting for people like Pelosi et al... :rant:

bruce
Site Admin

Post by bruce » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:27 am

ct71rr wrote:
Eric wrote:If we didn't have stupid people voting for these idiots in the first place we wouldn't have these problems....
X2...Let's keep voting for people like Pelosi et al... :rant:

Or Harry Ried who got all pissed and sarcastic about someone suggesting a classic car day be recognized in the US...
Bruce Anliker

72Satellite440
GTX (RS)
My Cars: 1972 Plymouth Sebring plus

Post by 72Satellite440 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:11 pm

That should be shared nation wide- it'd be awsome :)
72-SaTeLliTe440-Dan