Dr. Mopar in TX closing & crushing

General Mopar Related Conversation

Moderator: Site Administrators

Dave
Site Admin
My Cars: 71 Plymouth Road Runner (Project Blue Bird)
71 Satellite Sebring Plus (383/2bbl/auto)

Dr. Mopar in TX closing & crushing

Post by Dave » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:59 am

FYI, from their web site:
Attention: We will be closing out and crushing our inventory September 2010, If you need any parts be sure to e-mail us soon. Thanks to all our loyal customers who have supported us for the last 15 years and who helped keep the Mopar hobby alive! It's been a great ride.
http://www.drmopar.com/

I know they've had a 71 Satellite (prob. a Sebring) listed in their inventory for a while. Don't know the status of it, but might be a great parts car for somebody - or possibly even the basis of a project? If you are in the area, or looking for another one - might be worth the call. They also have a wrecked 72 Satellite there too.
Dave
Founder - The Road Runner Nest

71 Plymouth Road Runner (Project Blue Bird)
71 Satellite Sebring Plus (383/2bbl/auto)

Eric
Site Admin

Re: Dr. Mopar in TX closing & crushing

Post by Eric » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:05 pm

We need a local Nest member to go check it out before it's too late!
AKA Butterscotch71....the road runner nest is out to win you over this year!Image

tuffbird72
Satellite Coupe (RL)
My Cars: 1972 Plymouth Road runner

Post by tuffbird72 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:53 pm

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know I live 22 miles from Dr Mopars place...what is it you would like from a local yokel?

Pictures, parts and car availability?

I planned on heading down there this coming weekend since I got an itch to tear down the old 72 bird and re-paint it. Not sure anyone remembers me but I'm the owner of a RM23P2G and had my vehicle posted all over back in 1999-2002 before I went silent and put the car in storage until now.

Well, I'm back online and working on getting her back on the road again.

Anyway, enough said about me, just glad to be back and glad the Nest is still going strong. What ever happened to the white logo roadrunner that was up there with the blue one?

Holler at me or post here if you need eyes at Dr. Mopar for something specific. I plan on heading down Saturday morning and spending about 4 hours out there.

pats71
GTX (RS)

Post by pats71 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:51 am

I live in san antonio. I have talked to most of the mopar guys that I know and all of them know about Dr. Mopar. Most of his good stuff sold long ago and he is not cheap by any means. After talking to my old man he told me that the most he has these days is parts for imperials and C-bodies.

If your looking for parts, John's auto salvage in seguin has some good stuff. He refuses to crush his inventory and I've even pulled some trim off of a 71' Charger 500. There is about 5-7 71-74 b-bodies and even has 3 69' chargers.
1971 Plymouth Roadrunner
383/4 speed/Air Conditioning

bruce
Site Admin

Post by bruce » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:54 am

tuffbird72 wrote: What ever happened to the white logo roadrunner that was up there with the blue one?

Damn if I know... :D
Attachments
RR.jpg
RR.jpg (249.54 KiB) Viewed 12670 times
Bruce Anliker

Smellslike1974
GTX (RS)

Post by Smellslike1974 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:25 pm

I only see one 73-74 b body there...Is that a good thing??
"Sunny D"-1974 Plymouth Satellite Sebring With Sundance Packaging

tuffbird72
Satellite Coupe (RL)
My Cars: 1972 Plymouth Road runner

Post by tuffbird72 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:37 pm

bruce wrote:
tuffbird72 wrote: What ever happened to the white logo roadrunner that was up there with the blue one?

Damn if I know... :D
Ah...there it is! Nice to know ya still have it. For some odd reason the toon version wasn't showing up on my browser last night.

The real one is looking very clean, nice job on it Bruce. Do you guys still have the images from 2001-2003? I get a bad link when clicking Readers Rides.

Anyway, I'm planning on hitting up DrMopar Saturday morning and a place few know about in Thrall, Texas to hopefully locate some stuff I'm in need of. If anyone has a wish-list I'll be happy to add it to mine and let you know if I find it.

John's in Seguin is great. They hooked me up several times. I plan on making a trip there in a couple of weeks as well.

bruce
Site Admin

Post by bruce » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:32 pm

tuffbird72 wrote:Ah...there it is! Nice to know ya still have it. For some odd reason the toon version wasn't showing up on my browser last night.

The real one is looking very clean, nice job on it Bruce. Do you guys still have the images from 2001-2003? I get a bad link when clicking Readers Rides.

Not sure the toon is showing up still. Yep, I still have it, even though it's had a 5-year hibernation getting upgraded again.

The Reader's Rides and Image Gallery don't show up due to the new software when Dave switched platforms. He's exploring new options that we hope to upgrade to and ways to bring back the Image Gallery that we ALL miss.
Bruce Anliker

RS23-71
GTX (RS)

Post by RS23-71 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:49 am

I live about 35 miles from Dr Mopar, I have never been there but looked at the site a lot. Back when AZ-Nick was doing that group deal for b-body dash pads I called Dr. Mopar looking for the most cracked dash pad he had so I could use it as a core. He wanted way more then what I would have been charged if I didnt send in a core at all. My only dealing with them.

Didn't Texas Acres close down like last yr? Seems we are losing mopar parts yards down here.
1971 GTX Autumn Bronze - 4 speed, Dana 60 4:10

redline337
Satellite Sebring (RH)
My Cars: 71 Satellite Sebring RH

Post by redline337 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:00 am

I e-mailed a parts request almost a week ago and haven't heard back. How long does it normally take for someone to respond to one?

pats71
GTX (RS)

Post by pats71 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:11 pm

I put one in 2-3 weeks ago as well and haven't heard back. I've heard mixed things about Dr.Mopar since he's been around forever pretty much. If anything, he might have already gotten rid of or crushed some of his cars.
1971 Plymouth Roadrunner
383/4 speed/Air Conditioning