Yay for this forum!

General Mopar Related Conversation

Moderator: Site Administrators

Smellslike1974
GTX (RS)

Yay for this forum!

Post by Smellslike1974 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:48 pm

I just want to say thank you to the moderators and fellow nest members for making this forum a pleasant forum.Recently I joined a forum for honda motorcycles because I needed help on a certain issue and what a BAD experience that was.Yes i know its totally car unrelated but its still a forum,a place you go to talk,share and help others on the same topic.So once again THANKYOU guys for the help and moderators.Good job!

:beer:
"Sunny D"-1974 Plymouth Satellite Sebring With Sundance Packaging

72 RR fan
GTX (RS)
My Cars: 1972 Road Runner 440 auto
1971 Road Runner 383 4spd

Re: Yay for this forum!

Post by 72 RR fan » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:49 pm

I agree. I've been off the forum for a while since I had a new baby on May 10th 2009, so being a new dad really took (and takes) alot of newly discoverd talents and effort. But somebody's got to drive me around in these RRs when I get old :-)

I was think the same though the other day about how great this forum is compared to others that I've read threads on. It truley enhances the joy of owning these cars to have a forum that you can go to for info, or just to read and share with others.

Yea, thanks from me too!
"Did I just buy another car?!?"

Smellslike1974
GTX (RS)

Post by Smellslike1974 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:54 pm

haha congratulations.Your right.Everyone has lives and doesn't need to log onto a forum and deal with complete bs.Especially when your trying to seek help and Its sorta a desperate thing.I'm done with forums(except this one ofcourse).

because I know Ill never get this In a thread I post.

"I'm locking this thread because your an idiot"

and then receiving an infraction via personal message because they said that "I" insulted members.

:haha:

bruce
Site Admin

Post by bruce » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:49 am

Thanks, but it's really the members who make or break a site... I just wish we had more members and the site was a tad more "active"...
Bruce Anliker

quapman
GTX (RS)

Post by quapman » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:18 am

Well, I might come here a little more, since I just got suspended from the 3rd gen Charger site for posting an opinion that was not in accordance with that of the site owner or the mod I was "personally attacking". :stirpot:

bruce
Site Admin

Post by bruce » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:43 am

Oh great, now you're gonna come on here and stir up chit with the mods, huh Steve? Or at least with the mod you know? Bring it buddy! :lol:
Bruce Anliker

quapman
GTX (RS)

Post by quapman » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:26 pm

Yeah, well, your car is.....

WHITE!

You bringing those valances over today, so we can git er dunn?

Smellslike1974
GTX (RS)

Post by Smellslike1974 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:31 pm

lets just say some forum moderators shouldn't be moderators.

bruce
Site Admin

Post by bruce » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:45 am

quapman wrote:Yeah, well, your car is.....

WHITE!

You bringing those valances over today, so we can git er dunn?

My car is NOT white, it's three shades of white!

Valances are on the car and the car is going to Carlisle. Primer valances and all. I'm gonna make this goal I set even if it kills Bobbie! :lol:
Bruce Anliker

Dave
Site Admin
My Cars: 71 Plymouth Road Runner (Project Blue Bird)
71 Satellite Sebring Plus (383/2bbl/auto)

Post by Dave » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:08 pm

I've gotta say this thread couldn't come at a more perfect time for me. I've been pretty frustrated lately that I simply haven't had the time to invest into the technology of the site. There are a TON of things I'd love to add and ways I'd like to develop the community, but the time just hasn't been there for me between business and family - plus trying to get some level of progress again on Project Blue Bird.

I do have to 2nd Bruce's comments that it's the members here who make this forum as good as it is. Thanks to everyone who is active (very or rarely) here for their part in helping make the RRN what it is! :beer:
Dave
Founder - The Road Runner Nest

71 Plymouth Road Runner (Project Blue Bird)
71 Satellite Sebring Plus (383/2bbl/auto)

quapman
GTX (RS)

Post by quapman » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:45 pm

No problem, always available to stir the pot! :lol:

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:03 pm

X3 what Dave and Bruce said. Moderators only have to be heavy handed when the members get out of control. We don't really have that problem here. Thanks to everyone for that.
AKA Butterscotch71....the road runner nest is out to win you over this year!Image

landon1
GTX (RS)
My Cars: 1971 Plymouth Satellite Sebring

Post by landon1 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:08 pm

it is very true...i learned my lesson on the mustang forums when i used to frequent there....didn't last long there. plus, i'd rather deal with mopars than anything else.

forum has been a little dead lately - i'm attributing it to guys not having the funds to work on their cars. i know i'd really like to get my satellite stripped, body work done, interior, suspension, etc. and it's a little easier for me now without a monthly car payment, but now looking into buying a house, which will take away funds for the car, but if i don't get a garage soon, i fear the satellite will be way more work than it would be now. every winter, it gets a little worse, and the hot summer sun isn't doing my paint good, and the seat seams are even starting to split, which were in pretty decent shape before. 5 years of no garage really creates havoc.

patrick
GTX (RS)
My Cars: 1973 Road Runner 440/4 speed

Post by patrick » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:03 pm

I second the kudos to this site. No one really seems to get into the same flame wars that are common on other sites. We all really seem to work together for a common goal. Sure, everyone has an opinion, and it's nice that everyone seems to respect everyone else's, right, wrong or indifferent. Everyone just seems so sensitive on other sites, too, and there's always huge thread deviations.

Maybe guys with '71-74 Plymouth B-Bodies just rock? =)
100% Death Proof

WileEcoyote
Satellite Coupe (RL)
My Cars: 1973 plymouth roadrunner

Post by WileEcoyote » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:59 pm

i joined this forum today and already ive been getting help and people have been really friendly, so yes i agree this has been the best forum by far for me thnkx guys