Dealer Installed 8 Track Tape Player

General Mopar Related Conversation

Moderator: Site Administrators

ILUV72RRs
GTX (RS)
My Cars: 1972 340 Road Runner, 1972 400 Road Runner

Dealer Installed 8 Track Tape Player

Post by ILUV72RRs » Fri May 07, 2010 3:01 pm

I recall reading in one of the subjects posted about whether or not you could get a dealer installed 8-Track tape player in '71 or '72. I can't locate my '71 & '72 accessories books. As the majority of my Mopar literature collection is buried under my train layout. But I did find last night my "accessories '73," and my "'74 action accents" books. Both the '73 & '74 books show 8-Track players that dealerships could install under the dash. Or in the case of the '73 book. It shows a rather crude floor mounted bracket that would mount to the tranie hump. If you wanted that instead. If they're in these books. Than you can be assured that they show up in the '71 & '72 accessories book. They also show under dash cassette players that dealers could install. Evidently they must of had some sort of deal with Lear Jet to supply these tape decks. As they don't say Chrysler on them. They just say Lear Jet. The books do list a model number, and Chrysler part numbers for them. Hope this helps clear up things.