Have a grill that is damaged? Need it repaired?

General Mopar Related Conversation

Moderator: Site Administrators

GLR
Satellite Sebring Plus (RP)

Have a grill that is damaged? Need it repaired?

Post by GLR » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:48 pm

Hello, I am not sure where the best place to post this, and if I have posted in the wrong area, let me know.
I own a restoration shop here in northern Pa and I specialize in Mopar restorations. I had posed last year sometime ...pictures of a "Replica "72 Road Runner -grill that I made from 71-72 Satellite grills and other parts. Form that post I had guys asking if I could make them a grill like that and I had a guy e-mail me and ask me if I could repair his original 72 Road Runner grill that was in his car but each part was damaged. He sent me pictures but when I actually got the grill here to my shop it was in even worse shape that I had thought. The left headlight bezel was missing mounting post, and the lower center section had been broken out of it and someone had "repaired" it..LOL with cardboard and 5 minute epoxy...it was in very poor condition and a real challenge to repair. The center grill section was almost broken in half and had pieces missing. Both mounting tabs to mount each headlight bezel to the center grill were both broken off and missing. Both headlight bezels had the front corners missing also. I have pictures from start to finish if anyone is interested. I had alot of time and materials into this grill but it is finished and ready to be installed . So if anyone needs some help with plastic grills, consoles or other plastic parts, send me an e-mail to; glr7069@ptd.net