General Mopar Related Conversation

Moderator: Site Administrators

Smellslike1974
GTX (RS)

Re: An update on Satty.

Post by Smellslike1974 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:44 am

Backing her out of the garage.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BrMGwFIPwc
Forgive me if you find the part with me messing with my radio annoying,Its been a long time since since I used it i was excited to hear music In my car again.I'm sort of like an old man with a fancy gadget! :lol:

Now i need to patch around my windshield area so i can get my glass in.then door,get my interior in and start on the rear of the body.
"Sunny D"-1974 Plymouth Satellite Sebring With Sundance Packaging

Smellslike1974
GTX (RS)

Post by Smellslike1974 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:51 am

Unfortunately my car will not be done by the time my goal rolls around.I was hoping to have it almost complete,not perfect but able to drive and somewhat nice to look at for the time being by November 6th for a show.

Reason being is my father who was helping me about 4 weeks ago had jabbed his hand accidentally on my roof while chiseling away silicone In area above the windshield.He had slipped and a piece of rust went into his knuckle.He immediately went into the house and cleaned it out the best he could and covered it with a bandage...

Two weeks later one night he noticed where the injury was it was a tad bit inflamed and the middle finger joint ached.The next morning his hand tripled in size,ballooned,very swollen,infected.He went to the emergency room.7 hours later he was back home with medication.The next morning his hand was as big as the morning befor so once again he went to the hospital.

He was in the hospital for 7 days.They said If he had waited for one more day he would have most likely lost the hand.They had to go In and clean underneath his knuckle and flushed everything out.They also put in a pick,Which is a small line that enters in the forearm and runs through your arm all the way ending to your heart.The purpose of it is to inject the formulas to fight the infection faster,instead of entering it into the arm and it circulating that way,its entering the pumper for more effect.Every 6 hours he has to pump 4 viles of stuff into his arm.He will be doing this until November 6th.Which ironically,was my deadline...

My dad Is the stubborn kind that frowns upon using gloves,not saying gloves could have prevented this,but could have easily just been a scratch,and precautions help the matter.As of now i haven't been doing anything to the car,hes been out of work and I have been around to keep an eye on him,the whole pick idea freaks me out.I wouldn't want to move my arm at all.I have also been stressed out because the doctors said DONT use it,he could make matters worse,but he keeps wanting to do stuff and he doesn't want to listen most of the time.

So that's whats been going on.Its maybe better,Id be ruining a good thing taking the car to the biggest show jersey has before its finished.Next November i WILL be ready.

72Satellite440
GTX (RS)
My Cars: 1972 Plymouth Sebring plus

Post by 72Satellite440 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:43 pm

Sorry to hear about your dads hand...Ouch ...Little fragments fester soo easily when under the skin..Sounds like hes lucky due to the rust he didnt get rust poisioning/tetnus
Ive had plenty of injuries welding on my car mostly because of my refusal to go buy a welding smock the shards of metal sparking off the mig welds. Only a handful of ankel and a hand burn have been the max of my injuries- Just be glad your dad helps...Mine unfortunitly cant help because of his knowledge of tools.

72Sateltte440
72-SaTeLliTe440-Dan

72 RR fan
GTX (RS)
My Cars: 1972 Road Runner 440 auto
1971 Road Runner 383 4spd

Post by 72 RR fan » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:28 pm

Wow, that's a really rough story. Sorry to hear about it. It'll make me keep my safety precautions in check. Even so, accidents do happen. Real drag. Gotta be proud of your progress though even if you don't make the deadline.
"Did I just buy another car?!?"

Serious Satellite
GTX (RS)
My Cars: 1973 Plymouth Roadrunner (R.I.P.) totalled by my younger brother
1974 Plymouth Satellite Coupe (R.I.P.) sold to my other brother, died an ignoble death
1974 Plymouth Satellite Sebring (Rusted In Place) sent to crusher
1984 Dodge Ram Prospector D250, 360 ci engine, hooker headers, edelbrock 4 barrel carb, 1991 grill replacement

Post by Serious Satellite » Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:20 am

Prayers for your dad....

Smellslike1974
GTX (RS)

Re: An update on SunnyD.

Post by Smellslike1974 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:22 am

Well.Its been quite awhile since my last update.Things went hectic after my dad hurt himself.Hes 100% now though :) I didn't do anything to the car for a long time.My moms car broke down so we needed a place to work on It.That meant getting the satellite out of the garage for the first time this year.Sadly the job on her car took more than a day so my car had to spend the night outside wrapped in a cover.

I took some pics of It out.

Fenders are just resting on It because I have nowhere's to put them.

I need to clean it out.

Ill post more pics later

Diriccatiticka
GTX (RS)
My Cars: 1972 Plymouth Roadrunner

Post by Diriccatiticka » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:32 pm

Wow, I'm sorry to hear that about your dad. I hope everything turns out okay.

The car is looking really good though!
'72 Road Runner
Currently Engineering New Setup! 8)

Smellslike1974
GTX (RS)

Post by Smellslike1974 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:45 pm

I had originally installed my trio gauge cluster,wired It,finalized It.When I got the tach I had a change of plans.I undid all the light wiring of the gauges and ran everything to a cheesy carbon fiber race switch.I did this because I didn't want the gauge lights on when they didn't need to be.Now when Its night or If I cant see the gauges I just flick the switch,tach lights and so does the trio.

Smellslike1974
GTX (RS)

Post by Smellslike1974 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:33 am

Well Its been awhile.Days have gotten nice so I have been spending time with my car.Decided to tackle the rust on the rear around the deck lid.Theres more rust back there then what I thought.It kind of got me down,but each patch Is another patch towards them all being done.Its just gonna take time.

Heres a video I made from some footage of the past two days.Would have gotten more done but ran out of welding wire. :rant:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HN-AjxvWH-4

Also I have two questions.

Question One-Does anyone else have whistles with their aftermarket oil pressure gauges?I'm not sure If mines not tight enough,or If Is faulty,but I have an annoying whistle when I let off the gas.You can hear It In the video.And If Its not the oil pressure gauges,what could It be?Ive tried to pin point it but between the engine and all Its hard to figure out.

Question Two-I have a mysterious wire that looks like a ground branching off from my harness to the center of the fire wall.My fuel gauge also does not function.Could this have to do with that wire?I haven't grounded It to check If It was.Figured someone would know here.Plus I don't know what its is so i just left It there.

CtownRunner
GTX (RS)

Post by CtownRunner » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:50 am

It's comin along.
Keep up the good work!

Diriccatiticka
GTX (RS)
My Cars: 1972 Plymouth Roadrunner

Post by Diriccatiticka » Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:12 pm

Video looked good! I know I have to get a wire welder sometime so I can learn to do some of that stuff too!
'72 Road Runner
Currently Engineering New Setup! 8)

bruce
Site Admin

Post by bruce » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:55 pm

As moderator I've removed some recent posts. Keep your replies on subject and positive. Unneccessary bashing, negative replies or "unhelpful" suggestions will result in the suspension of the offending poster...

Guys, we've avoided this kind of problem here on the Nest, so keep it like your momma always told you--if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all.
Bruce Anliker

CtownRunner
GTX (RS)

Post by CtownRunner » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:58 pm

I guess I'll never post pics of my cars progress.

Don't need the BS.

Don't have the money or skill to do a pro resto

so I might as well sell it for scrap according to some people.

sdweatherman
Site Admin
My Cars: 1971 GY8 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus
1971 GB7 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus factory Sunroof
1972 EV2 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus factory Sunroof
1974 KB5 Plymouth Road Runner GTX Dealer Announcement car

Post by sdweatherman » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:18 pm

Good job Bruce. Whats the fun in a resto if you have a huge bankroll and you just pay somebody to do it. I think most of us on this board are on some serious budgets, and would prefer to do a lot of the work ourselves anyway. Part of the fun is finding that much need part at a swapmeet or online for a fraction of what it would cost through retail. Keep up the good work on Sunny D. The video was great - you weld in a mean patch panel. Chin up CtownRunner. Don't let a scant few drag you down. :beer:
1971 GY8 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus
1971 GB7 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus w/factory Sunroof
1972 EV2 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus w/factory Sunroof

bruce
Site Admin

Post by bruce » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:29 am

Shoot weatherman, my car was apart for 5 years PRECISELY because I don't have a huge bankroll to fund the restoration. It was do what I could when I could swing it. Getting divorced, moving three times, changing jobs and getting remarried in that same timeframe also slowed the progress some. :D
Bruce Anliker