request for participation

General Mopar Related Conversation

Moderator: Site Administrators

bruce
Site Admin

Re: request for participation

Post by bruce » Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:38 am

I have many of the original road test articles from the magazines back in the day too. But it's probably all stuff that several others have as well.
Bruce Anliker

1971SSP
GTX (RS)

Post by 1971SSP » Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:10 am

:D Same here Bruce, but I know I have a couple photo's I've never come across before, and I should scan those. I wish I owned scanner. I end up taking a digital photo of the item, decent, but not as nice as a scan.

I have not been participating with RR Nest much lately, but hope to start posting on a regular basis again. I had a few things going on :stirpot:
Brian
1971 Satellite Sebring Plus

Smellslike1974
GTX (RS)

Post by Smellslike1974 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:11 am

To me this site is for teaching and learning,If we were all teachers and knew all this stuff already,I don't think It would be as fun of an experience.Of course there's always new people we can teach,but still. :)

Asking questions Is how you mainly get to know everyone here,and you also get better info about something such as tips and sources.And sometimes you yourself might not be sure about something so Its always good to come here and double check.

Now,I will be reading all about 71's. :lol:
"Sunny D"-1974 Plymouth Satellite Sebring With Sundance Packaging

scotts74birds
Satellite Coupe (RL)

Post by scotts74birds » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:48 pm

Hi folks, I am one of the silent members. As of now I am planning the resto of my 74 sunroof RR. It was nothing special from the factory so my plan is to restify it. I have a bazillion questions for you from rust stabilization to seam sealing. I hope to intellectually abuse ALL of you in the months and years to come! LOL. I'm a Chrysler employee and this is my first resto. I've been silent so far because I have nothing relevant to add! I learn everyday through you and your posts. I'm in the thumb of Michigan if anyone wants to hook up and share their knowledge and share a beer. Thanks, Scott

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:37 pm

Welcome to the nest Scott!
AKA Butterscotch71....the road runner nest is out to win you over this year!Image

rr6pak
GTX (RS)
My Cars: 1971 Tor-Red RR

Post by rr6pak » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:52 am

Eric wrote:Welcome to the nest Scott!
DITTO, Scot

1971RR340
Satellite Coupe (RL)
My Cars: 1971 Road Runner is the last of my street toys still in posession.

Post by 1971RR340 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:27 pm

Newish to the site as a lurker but not with the intention of taking without giving. As some have posted already, I have limited knowledge of the cars, just a sincere admiration of the RM's but will be willing to help as needed. Recently hauled my disassembled 71 RR out of a storage facility after almost 20 years sitting in there and little by little trying to piece it back together. Only a 340 car, but am trying to add factory options as I go. The only thing I may have to offer to the forum is I have microfiche for the 70/71 mopar car lines and a viewer at home. I am willing to look up OE part numbers for people when I have the chance but I need to ask for patience because-A) the viewer only reads about 2/3 of the screen, B)the fiche was last updated in the early 90's, those part #'s may be superceded and/or discontinued C) the fiche has bulb burns in some areas and not everything is readable D)I have an active family and can't always look something up on the spot BUT, I plan on researching old part numbers, and posting some things when I can find them. I have some friends at a local Dodge dealership that are willing to run numbers when they have a chance, they'll let me know what's available. The few hood parts I have found available so far is the rear corner rubber stoppers on the hood and the rubber caps on the front hood adjusters. They repro these anyway, but if you want an NOS part vs a repro, I will try and get admin a list if they choose to post available part #'s for those looking. Please feel free to email me with a request at FishHawk210WA@gmail.com but include the as much detail because I am not a Mopar parts guy, I'm teaching myself as I go how to use this thing. If I could ask something up front, if anyone trips over fiche for the 72-4 mopars, LET ME KNOW!!! I am willing to buy them, I would like to crossreference part numbers to see what DOES fit between models and years instead of what CAN fit. This will be a slow process but looking forward to exchanging emails, data, info, etc with other members. My goal is to have the car on the road in 3 years. Not doing a concourse resto, but am going from gound up, inside out. It will never be a $50K car, but I would like it to last once I get things together on it.

Admin, feel free to either post here or email me if you're interested in an "available part number" thread or sticky. I'm open for ideas, and willing to help as best I can. :beer:

Michael
RM23H1
21' walkaround (my other toy)

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:34 pm

Welcome to the nest Michael. We'll be happy to have you contribute any infomation you think is valuable.
If you want to start an available part number thread, I'll be happy to sticky it.
AKA Butterscotch71....the road runner nest is out to win you over this year!Image

Diriccatiticka
GTX (RS)
My Cars: 1972 Plymouth Roadrunner

Post by Diriccatiticka » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:46 pm

Yeah, I'm no genius on these things. Actually to be honest, I'm horrible when it comes to exact factory specs. I know what they came with, and what you can turn 'em in to.

But hey, you'll never worry about me asking restoration questions and bailing, because I'm keeping my car forever!

I grew up with these things since my young childhood...I'll help out the best I can.
'72 Road Runner
Currently Engineering New Setup! 8)

birdboy
Road Runner (RM)

Post by birdboy » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:23 pm

been away for awhile but back now. i will try to input more. since 1978 i had eight 71s from 340 to 426.

jakebondFL
Satellite Coupe (RL)

Post by jakebondFL » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:34 pm

I have been watching this website for a long time, but never got involved with it until now. Finally I have my car back after having it sit at my folk's house for the past nine years while I let Uncle Sam take me around the world. Most input I have will be in the form of questions for now, but as I gain experience I will offer whatever insight I may have. I am a newbie to car crafting so I will ask plenty of dumb questions and probably will recieve plenty of flak for it. That's OK, I expect it, I have had my fair share of razzing as an aircraft mechanic. This site is the by far the best source of info I have found anywhere for 71 to 74 Plymouth B bodies and I'll bet there is more to learn here from the great people who post here than the books I have. Much thanks to Dave and Bruce for creating this great site.

TX9GTXN96
GTX (RS)
My Cars: Present: '71 GTX 440+4bbl 4-spd 4.10 Dana GW3 GW3 J68 louver
Past: '71 GTX 440+4bbl 4spd 3.54 Dana TX9 TX9 N96 spoiler pkg
'71 RR 383 4bbl 4-spd 3.23 GY8 V1X

Post by TX9GTXN96 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:57 am

New guy here as well, I am a longtime Moparts member and I try to contribute when and where I can. I have had many Mopars over the last 20 years, but they have mostly been '70 'Cudas and Challengers with a bunch of pre '71 B-bodies mixed in. Although, I have owned 2 '71 RR's and a couple of '71 Chargers (1 4-spd 383 SE and the other a U-code 4-spd RT), but my knowledge is mostly E-body based. I just bought my most recent project back in April, which is a '71 U-code 4-spd GTX. This is a great site and I hope to learn and add to it as the X project comes along :beer:
My Mopars:
Present: '71 GTX 440+4bbl 4-spd 4.10 Dana GW3 GW3 J68 louver
'70 Super Bee 440 6 pack 4-spd 4.10 Dana EB5 N96

Past: '71 GTX 440+4bbl 4spd 3.54 Dana TX9 TX9 N96 spoiler pkg
'71 RR 383 4bbl 4-spd 3.23 GY8 V1X

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:42 pm

TX9GTXN96 wrote:New guy here as well, I am a longtime Moparts member and I try to contribute when and where I can. I have had many Mopars over the last 20 years, but they have mostly been '70 'Cudas and Challengers with a bunch of pre '71 B-bodies mixed in. Although, I have owned 2 '71 RR's and a couple of '71 Chargers (1 4-spd 383 SE and the other a U-code 4-spd RT), but my knowledge is mostly E-body based. I just bought my most recent project back in April, which is a '71 U-code 4-spd GTX. This is a great site and I hope to learn and add to it as the X project comes along :beer:
Welcome to the Nest James!

RS23-71
GTX (RS)

Post by RS23-71 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:33 pm

Another 4 sp '71 GTX.... if we keep going like this we are going to have to petition to have the name of the web site changed to 'GTX nest'. :D

The more the merrier... you should make a new thread and show us some pics and tell us about your car. I'm not sure if I have seen yours on moparts before or not.
1971 GTX Autumn Bronze - 4 speed, Dana 60 4:10

Elvad
GTX (RS)

Post by Elvad » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:34 pm

Am I the only one who can't see the 'image gallery' I get an error message when i try to open it. Is it under construction? I can't open it. I would like to post some pics of my Sebring Plus project.