Hanging in there!!

General Mopar Related Conversation

Moderator: Site Administrators

moparmodeler
GTX (RS)
My Cars: 1972 plymouth Satellite with a slant 6.

Hanging in there!!

Post by moparmodeler » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:30 am

During these hard times I have seen my retirement plans dwindle. Any idea of working on the Satellite has fallen off the burner. I am sure that Many car enthusiasts are falling into similar situations.
I often hear stories of " the car I used to have", but sold, " wish I sill had it." My wife like so many wives, would like to see project cars sold. I have found that when "extra money" comes available it disappears really fast with out much of a trace!! So with this thought the Satellite will stay in the garage no matter how much nagging!!

I ask that if you can, STAND FAST! Hang in there. Keep your car, and try not to pile too much stuff on it. Besides women are not happy unless they are nagging!

Serious Satellite
GTX (RS)
My Cars: 1973 Plymouth Roadrunner (R.I.P.) totalled by my younger brother
1974 Plymouth Satellite Coupe (R.I.P.) sold to my other brother, died an ignoble death
1974 Plymouth Satellite Sebring (Rusted In Place) sent to crusher
1984 Dodge Ram Prospector D250, 360 ci engine, hooker headers, edelbrock 4 barrel carb, 1991 grill replacement

Re: Hanging in there!!

Post by Serious Satellite » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:56 pm

I know what you mean. I was making pretty good progress with the Ser Sat restification, got to the point where the trunk/interior was 99 percent completed and then. . .

everything stopped.

Not a dime for extra stuff. Even the tax rebates, my wife's bonus, and anything I can find laying in the gutter goes to bills.

I'm holding on and holding out hope. But it does get. ..depressing watching my favorite car sitting in our garage waiting for tlc.

dragman440
Road Runner (RM)

Post by dragman440 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:08 pm

A good argument is "If I don't have any money to work on it than no one will have the money to buy it." :wink:
'72 Satellite Sebring 318

fourforty6pac
GTX (RS)

Post by fourforty6pac » Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:19 pm

I've sold cars in the past when times were tough, or better yet to buy a house only to get divorced a few years later and loose that. Well I promised myself that I would never do that again, and I won't. I know the first thing to go is the toys. I always make sure I have a lot of toys so I can sell the ones I don't play with too much. The problem with selling a car during these times of economic woes is that you most likely won't get what you want for it. Then a couple years down the road you will have to shell out big bucks to replace it. You really do have to hang in there it's in your best interest to hang on to that classic Mopar. It will appreciate more than a bank account or even most stock portfolios ( trust me ).

fourforty6pac
GTX (RS)

Post by fourforty6pac » Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:28 pm

Oh, I forgot this part. Tell your wife to sell some of that jewelry you bought her. Gold and silver is up, diamonds are always on the rise. :beer: I guess that's why I never got married again, now I just let my girlfriend live with me, so if she ruffles my feathers I can show her the door.

71RRADDICT
Road Runner (RM)

Post by 71RRADDICT » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:45 pm

I GUESS I SHOULD OF JUST KEEP THEM AS GIRLFRIENDS :beer: I`M ON MY THIRD :lol: WIFE BUT SHE IS A KEEPER AND A GREAT SECURITY SYSTEM FOR THE CARS :lol: .....
BIG GARAGE OF PROJECTS....71 GTX....71 RR 340 N96....71 RR CURIOUS YELLOW....71RR PRO TOURING...71 RR TRIPLE BLACK 4SPD W/ N96...71 RR 340 AND 70 CUDA 340/ 4 SD..............

fourforty6pac
GTX (RS)

Post by fourforty6pac » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:31 pm

71RRADDICT wrote:I GUESS I SHOULD OF JUST KEEP THEM AS GIRLFRIENDS :beer: I`M ON MY THIRD :lol: WIFE BUT SHE IS A KEEPER AND A GREAT SECURITY SYSTEM FOR THE CARS :lol: .....
Why is she a good security system? Does she sleep in the garage :lol: .