nobody flashes em anymore

General Mopar Related Conversation

Moderator: Site Administrators

birdboy
Road Runner (RM)

nobody flashes em anymore

Post by birdboy » Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:04 pm

not the post you were thinking of.
i spend alot of time on the interstates and notice that nobody flashes their headlights to oncoming traffic to signal a radar trap is ahead.was a common practice 20 years ago. i must be the only one without a radar detector.

fourforty6pac
GTX (RS)

Post by fourforty6pac » Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:53 pm

In some areas you can get a ticket for that. Maybe that's why it's not that common in some areas.

Smellslike1974
GTX (RS)

Post by Smellslike1974 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:44 pm

Its hard to tell anyway nowadays,those ultra bright,blue,yellow and some white lights that are on some newer or imported cars,when the car goes over a bump it gives the illusion the lights go on and off.Which can make you cautious.
"Sunny D"-1974 Plymouth Satellite Sebring With Sundance Packaging

ROGERLEE

Post by ROGERLEE » Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:39 pm

they still do it here in the upper state of s.c., especially the rural roads and secondary highways...this is funny, just the other day, i was shooting on down the highway coming from "honea path" to another small town, called "ware shoals" and this fella blinked his lights, there was a highway control guy sitting, around the curve. i wasn't speeding but it still scares the crap out of you so i slow down!!

the names of the towns have not been changed to protect the innocent!!!!!!!
can someone tell this illiterate how to put the little icons, (that i see so many folks out there using them), i have tried dragging them, ???no workee

Smellslike1974
GTX (RS)

Post by Smellslike1974 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:35 am

ROGERLEE wrote:they still do it here in the upper state of s.c., especially the rural roads and secondary highways...this is funny, just the other day, i was shooting on down the highway coming from "honea path" to another small town, called "ware shoals" and this fella blinked his lights, there was a highway control guy sitting, around the curve. i wasn't speeding but it still scares the crap out of you so i slow down!!

the names of the towns have not been changed to protect the innocent!!!!!!!
can someone tell this illiterate how to put the little icons, (that i see so many folks out there using them), i have tried dragging them, ???no workee

Just click on the animation you want,and it will convert to code form in the box,when you post or preview it will show the pic.
"Sunny D"-1974 Plymouth Satellite Sebring With Sundance Packaging

ROGERLEE

Post by ROGERLEE » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:35 pm

thanks, i have been trying everything, i think sometimes the little icons says it perfect.

orangerunner
Satellite Sebring (RH)

Post by orangerunner » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:02 pm

I'm not sure if this was true or an urban legend but I heard there was a game in which some gang members would initiate their new members by having them drive around at night with their headlights off.

When an oncoming car flashed their highbeams to alert them that their lights were off, the gang recruit would fire a gun at them.

It might be another reason people are reluctant to flash their highbeams at anyone!