Anyone know where RM23U2R336358 is? 1972 RR/GTX

General Mopar Related Conversation

Moderator: Site Administrators

808cuda

Anyone know where RM23U2R336358 is? 1972 RR/GTX

Post by 808cuda » Sat Mar 27, 2004 12:07 am

Hello everyone!
ABout 4 years ago I made the mistake of my life..sold my 1972 Road Runner GTX. I had owned it since 1987 and restored it over 3 years with my dad. As the years went by, I lost interest due to new things coming into my life.
Anyways, I sold it to someone (wish I remembered) from PA.
Here is a description of the car:
Custom B5 blue exterior, white roof stobe stripes, correctly done air grabber hood, '72 RR grille painted gloss black, white 440 decals on lower portion of front fenders behind front tires. Front chin spoilers.
Interior: Black buckets (new legendary covers) 4speed console (loosely attached due to auto-to-4spd conversion), pistol grip with top bezel painted black, rallye gauges w/ tach, Grant 3 spoke steering wheel.
Wheels: Keystones 15x7 and 15x8's w/ 10 holes like centerlines.
Drivetrain: 383 engine w/ HP manifolds, allpainted Hemi orange, Fiberglass repro air grabber cleaner lid and base, edelbrock carb, MP elct ignition, flex fan, modine radiator, Centerforce Dual Friction clutch, 8.75" rear w/ 3.91's.
Suspension: polyurthane lower control arm bushings, rebuilt stock front end, orange painted brake calipers, KYB shocks, allum, 1" lowering blocks on rear axle, front spring perches flipped upside down (to lower rear height)
anyone has seen it? I lived in NY when I sold it.
I would like to buy it back if at all possible. If not, I would like to share the history of the car with the new owner. I have pics of her while I was restoring here.
Funny thing is, you guy's have had pics of my Road Runner GTX on your site all this time! To see them, go to IMAGE GALLERY>CAR PICTURES>1972>GTX (there are 4 pics on page 1)
If you do teh same clicks but ROAD RUNNER (instead of GTX) there are three pages of pics! bottom half of page 2, all of page 3 and top of page 4.
Those were pics I posted awhile back when I owned the car.
Please e-mail with any findings at: shaker340@hawaii.rr.com
Thanks everyone!
Gil

6o4o
Road Runner (RM)

almost...

Post by 6o4o » Sat Mar 27, 2004 1:54 am

I first thought that's the one... but the one I made pics of at the last Mopar Nats in Ohio has a B5 interior. I found it intersting because my RR GTX has a B5 interior and TX9 body.
Looks very similar to your car, but the VIN isn't the same one ;(

http://home.tiscalinet.ch/6o4o/rrgtx/rrgtx_ohio_1.jpg
72 RR GTX, No. matching 440, 68 727, body TX9, B5 interior, got doorsticker, but no buildsheet
72 Satellite 318-Auto, all No.matching, with buildsheet

Both cars tasting now swiss cheese ;)

808cuda

Post by 808cuda » Sat Mar 27, 2004 3:09 am

Hey 6040! Thanks for reading my post. Each person who reads this post may bring me closer to my old car :)
Black w/ blue interior? Must be a beautiful looking combo, not to mention, RARE!
I remember seeing a '71 b-body with that same color combo in one of the Mopar books in print, just don't remmeber which :(
Gil

1972RM23
GTX (RS)

Post by 1972RM23 » Sat Mar 27, 2004 11:31 am

Hi Gil ....I'm over on this site too. I wish you luck in tracking your car down.
I'm going to email a few guys I know about this and spread the word.
Steve
1972 Road Runner N96 EV2

6o4o
Road Runner (RM)

Post by 6o4o » Sat Mar 27, 2004 5:03 pm

yeah, you see the B5 a little bit in my signature... the car will run hopefully in 1-2 months, I am working on it! Again registered and driving since 1978! ;)
I also wonder about the combination, wish I could trace back the original owner since the broadcast sheet is missing, although I think this car didn't come with any, just 1 guy owned it afterwards and he didn't take it and I don't think in the 70's people would care about numbers? ;(
anyway, good luck on yours!
ask also on www.moparts.com , there are MANY users, someone can maybe help you there?
72 RR GTX, No. matching 440, 68 727, body TX9, B5 interior, got doorsticker, but no buildsheet
72 Satellite 318-Auto, all No.matching, with buildsheet

Both cars tasting now swiss cheese ;)

808cuda

Post by 808cuda » Sun Mar 28, 2004 8:44 am

HI steve! Glad to read you are here as well! Great site just dedicated for Road Runners! Funnt to see all th epics of my RR/GTX in the image gallery :)
Thanks for heloing me with my search and spreading the word!
You get my e-mail?
Hey 6040! I tried moparts and so far nothing yet but I'll keep trying.
Nice to see you have the same car!
Gil