72 grill

General Mopar Related Conversation

Moderator: Site Administrators

72Rdrnner
GTX (RS)

Image posting

Post by 72Rdrnner » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:11 am

moparmike wrote:Tried to attach picture of car but it says my file is to large I will try to take another Picture at lower resolution.
Another method is to use a web based photo site. I use Photo Bucket, but there are a lot to chose from. They are free and easy to use. You upload as many images as you want and organize in any way your choose. Easy to do as the instructions are fairly simple and direct.

Once you put images in your photo site account you can put them in your messages by using the "Img" button on top of the composition screen for messages. For example here's an image from my Photo Bucket site. I put it here by getting the link from the site, which is shown for every image. I click on the "Img" button then paste the link I copied from the site, and presto!

Or you can actually put the entire album here. For each album, just like individual images there is a link that is part of the photo site. Instead of the "Img" button you use the "URL" button. It puts the link in your message and anyone reading it can click on the link and it takes them directly to the entire album. In my 1972 Road Runner album there is even a video with sound of the exhaust system.

http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o111 ... oadrunner/

As I said it's relatively easy to set up an account, upload images & videos then make them part of your messages. This method also takes care of the file size limits of this site. Try it, I think you'll find it's easy to use!

Righteous One Owner '72 Roadrunner

71440 gtx
GTX (RS)
My Cars: 71 gtx 71 340 duster
Location: I am here, or is it there? GIF image (animated, 49 frames)

Re: 72 grill

Post by 71440 gtx » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:21 pm

a72 road runner gtx in b3 mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

nice toy :lol: :beer:

there is a72 rrgtx in b3 blue in ont can and is a 440 4bbl 4speed 354 dana 60 ram air
i will get pics of it
71 gtx 440 4speed air grabber blue on blue with white vinyl roofOption cassette player

Plymouth's gonna getcha!
There are 3 things that will live forever, cockroaches, Keith Richards, & slant 6

72Rdrnner
GTX (RS)

Post by 72Rdrnner » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:08 am

71440 gtx wrote:a72 road runner gtx in b3 mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

nice toy :lol: :beer:
Thanks...it's been a labor of love, made easier by having owned it since it was brand new. Getting it all spruced up for the annual local World of Wheels Show. It's interesting to see how many daily drivers are in the show as opposed to the professional trailer queens. While I have a lot of respect for all the effort people put into those cars my personally feeling is that muscle cars were built to be driven and cruise the local Sonic Drive In!

Living in the South has it's advantages as I can pretty much drive the car year round...only on sunny days that is!

Righteous One Owner '72 Roadrunner

moparmike
GTX (RS)

Post by moparmike » Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:33 am

My brother took this picture in the summer at his cottage. I am thinking of a color change but not sure what to do. Car is in original condition the white top needs to be replaced. Interior is in good shape. Does it hurt the value of a car if you do a colour change or if I put a black top instead of white?
Attachments
IMG_5212.jpg
My 72 satellite Sebring Plus
(17.66 KiB) Downloaded 3075 times
Sometimes I get to feeling that if Xmas, Fathers Day and my Birthday did not exist, then aftershave too would not exist.

1972RM23
GTX (RS)

Post by 1972RM23 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:24 pm

moparmike wrote:My brother took this picture in the summer at his cottage. I am thinking of a color change but not sure what to do. Car is in original condition the white top needs to be replaced. Interior is in good shape. Does it hurt the value of a car if you do a colour change or if I put a black top instead of white?
Don't change a thing you car color combination is perfvect the way it is!
1972 Road Runner N96 EV2

landon1
GTX (RS)
My Cars: 1971 Plymouth Satellite Sebring

Post by landon1 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:40 pm

it seems like there's too many colors going on right now - personally, i'd either get the white top replaced with a more gold color to match your seats (appear to be a gold color, anyway) i'm still torn on the ssp's argent lowers...on some colors it looks alright, but not so sure on your car...but, i think having a vinyl top that flowed with the rest of the colors would help out

moparmike
GTX (RS)

Post by moparmike » Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:03 pm

The paint is original but the top was replaced years ago to white. The original top I was told by previous owner matched the interior which is a cream colour. I don't mind the colour but everyone I know thinks I should turn it into a roadrunner clone and paint it Plum Crazy. I love the roadrunner options but I do not mind having an original SSP and I hate to change what is not broken. I can't remember the last time I saw an unmolested SSP especially in Canada, Good thing this car came from the South. I think you keep a Roadrunner a Roadrunner and a SSP an SSP unless the SSP needs a total rebuild.

Mike
Sometimes I get to feeling that if Xmas, Fathers Day and my Birthday did not exist, then aftershave too would not exist.

moparmike
GTX (RS)

Post by moparmike » Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:17 pm

However everytime I see your Roadrunners it does put thoughts in my head. Man your cars are nice.

landon1
GTX (RS)
My Cars: 1971 Plymouth Satellite Sebring

Post by landon1 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:33 pm

in that case, definitely get that top back to a cream/gold color and it will change for the better :beer:

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric » Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:09 pm

Hurting the value really depends on the current condition of the car. Is it original paint and in survivor condition? If so, anything you do to it will hurt the value, even if the original paint isn't perfect. If it needs a restoration anyway, you'd probably not affecting the value too much by a top or paint color change.
AKA Butterscotch71....the road runner nest is out to win you over this year!Image

rr6pak
GTX (RS)
My Cars: 1971 Tor-Red RR

Post by rr6pak » Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:19 pm

I agree, Eric. My car is the same color as 1972RM23's car, as you already know. My car IS wearing the original color/paint from the factory. The problem with mine is that one owner did this: The strobe stripe at one time was peeling off. Instead of getting a new one(maybe couldn't) he had some "Starsky & Hutch" stripes painted on but instead of going over the roof, they go back and over the trunk-"GHETTO" I even buffed the paint and it came out good for the age but its those ugly stripes :mad: I'll have to repaint the whole car in my case, don't think I have a choice. Maybe if I show pictures of before as to why I had it repainted (If I go to shows) then people will understand why I had it repainted. I am lucky that there is NO rust on her (was in storage for 14 yrs.)

moparmike
GTX (RS)

Post by moparmike » Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:36 pm

It does have the original paint but it needs a little help one of the rear quarters is just starting to show a little rust but for the most part it is rust free and original, underneath is clean and still has the original brake lines etc, clean in the trunnk and under the hood. Man do we all own awesome cars or what. I still can't believe I own it after looking for one for so long I am well very excited........I got the Mopar Bug now for sure I just can't wait till the snow is gone. Going to hang on to the Roadrunner Grill,Emblems and 440 engine that came with it for maybe another Mopar project down the road or who knows maybe this one some day.

Thanks All,

Mike

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric » Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:28 pm

rr6pak wrote:I agree, Eric. My car is the same color as 1972RM23's car, as you already know. My car IS wearing the original color/paint from the factory. The problem with mine is that one owner did this: The strobe stripe at one time was peeling off. Instead of getting a new one(maybe couldn't) he had some "Starsky & Hutch" stripes painted on but instead of going over the roof, they go back and over the trunk-"GHETTO" I even buffed the paint and it came out good for the age but its those ugly stripes :mad: I'll have to repaint the whole car in my case, don't think I have a choice. Maybe if I show pictures of before as to why I had it repainted (If I go to shows) then people will understand why I had it repainted. I am lucky that there is NO rust on her (was in storage for 14 yrs.)
My butterscotch car had a painted on strobe stripe when I purchased it. I actually wet sanded and buffed the painted strobe off and put the correct decal strobe back in its place. You do have to be careful not to burn through the body color below the stripe though...and there may be color fading evident once it's removed...but it's worth a try if you want to save the original paint.
AKA Butterscotch71....the road runner nest is out to win you over this year!Image

dk2ar83
Satellite Coupe (RL)
My Cars: 72 satellite/roadrunner

Post by dk2ar83 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:32 am

I'm buying a 72 rr grille, trying to put it on a 72 satellite, will it work?

dk2ar83
Satellite Coupe (RL)
My Cars: 72 satellite/roadrunner

Post by dk2ar83 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:38 am

Will a 72 rr grille fit a 72 satellite?